McLetchie Law Group, PLLC, is looking for a civil litigation associate to join its exciting and growing practice. The firm has a highly successful media law practice, as evidenced by the firm’s victories in public records matters and First Amendment matters, including defamation defense under Nevada’s anti-SLAPP statute. Our unique firm also focuses on litigation, including civil rights litigation, commercial litigation, plaintiffs’ employment cases, and criminal defense. The firm also has an active practice in all aspects of Nevada cannabis law, including compliance, transactional work, and litigation. Given the firm’s diverse practice area, the firm is looking for a versatile lawyer who is comfortable with a variety of cases and clients.
The office atmosphere is industrious but relaxed and collegial, and the firm is actively involved in the community. The firm’s billable requirement is 1,850 a year. The firm is an excellent opportunity for an attorney looking for interesting and meaningful work. The firm offers an excellent compensation package that includes a very competitive salary for the nature of the work and extensive benefits.
- Research legal issues, including complex and novel questions.
- Draft motions and briefs.
- Review documents and evidence; analyze and evaluate cases; case planning.
- Draft and respond to discovery requests and responses.
- Court appearances and depositions.
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and third parties.
- Follow firm protocols regarding calendaring, filing, and information tracking.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with attorneys and firm staff.
Qualifications – Required
- Minimum 2 to 10 years of litigation experience.
- J.D. from accredited law school.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Nevada or willing to take the bar.
- Superior research, writing, and organizational skills are required.
- A commitment to, and interest in, the firm’s practice areas.
- Ability to self-start and to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to manage workload and work with team.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Membership in another state bar, particularly California.
- Admitted to practice before Federal District Court for the District of Nevada.
- Admitted to practice before Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Clerkship experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
Applicants should submit, by email: (1) a resume; (2) a legal writing sample (with an explanation as to whether the work was edited by another and the role the applicant played in the drafting); (3) a cover letter describing interest in the position and compensation requirements; and (4) contact information for three references to nadia@ nvlitigation.com.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered. No phone inquiries. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
McLetchie Law strives to be a diverse workplace. McLetchie Law is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location