LONDON, Sept. 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — via NEWMEDIAWIRE — World High Life Plc (LIFE.TO), a CBD and medicinal cannabis investment vehicle, is pleased to announce that trading in its Ordinary Shares will commence at 8.00 a.m. today on the NEX Exchange Growth Market (“Admission”), under ticker LIFE and ISIN number GB00BK777P75. The Company will look to identify investment opportunities in the medicinal cannabis, hemp and CBD sectors globally with a particular interest in the UK and European markets.
The Company’s investment strategy will focus on markets that are internationally recognised as having well-developed and reputable laws and regulations relating to the research and production of medicinal cannabis, hemp and CBD, as well as therapeutic Cannabis derivatives including but not limited to nutraceuticals, dietary supplements and cosmetic products. The Directors believe that there are numerous investment opportunities within the CBD wellness industry, the hemp industry and the medicinal cannabis industry.
· On Admission the Company will have raised £2.4 million and will have 110,398,091 Ordinary Shares in issue.
· The Company will undertake due diligence on investment opportunities encompassing the breadth of the medicinal cannabis, hemp and CBD Sectors.
· The Board will continue to monitor the global deregulation of medicinal cannabis with a particular focus on Europe to ensure the Company is best placed to take advantage once deregulation occurs.
· The Directors have over 30 years’ experience on TSX, CSE and OTC public markets and intend to replicate proven models from their success with North American cannabis companies.
· Funds initially available to the Company will be used to meet general working capital requirements, undertake due diligence on potential target acquisitions and to make investments in accordance with the investment guidelines described above.
· The Global CBD market is set to increase from $270 million in 2018 to $3.86 billion by 2025, with the global medical cannabis market forecast to reach $148.35 billion by 2026.
Management with a Strong Track of Generating Returns to Investors
World High Life was established by the Founders of Supreme Cannabis and 1933 Industries. Both companies are at the forefront of the legalised cannabis landscape in North America.
David Stadnyk – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (Aged 56)
David is the founder and senior partner of Stadnyk & Partners, a venture capital investment firm focused on small cap companies in the resources, biotech and pharmaceuticals sectors, headquartered in Vancouver. He has over 30 years’ experience of founding and developing both public and private companies.
David has been at the forefront of the cannabis sector in Canada since 2012 and was a key contributor to the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations which were in place between 2013 and 2016. He has been involved with a number of companies in the space including The Supreme Cannabis Company, 1933 Industries, FSD Pharma and Weekend Unlimited.
David previously owned the Vancouver Whitecaps soccer club and is a co-founder of the TSN 1040 Sports Radio Station in Vancouver. He serves as Chair of the Stadnyk Foundation, a not-for-profit society established to recognize and promote sport philanthropy among athletes, coaches and executives.
Robert Payment – Chief Financial Officer (Aged 37)
Robert is a Chartered Professional Accountant with 12 years’ experience in finance, reporting, regulatory requirements, public company administration, equity markets, and financing of publicly traded companies. He commenced his career in private practise and since 2014 he has served as a consultant for a number of TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) listed companies.
Robert has extensive experience in the cannabis, manufacturing, natural resource, and retail industries. He received a BBA from Simon Fraser University and is a member in good standing of the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia.