Founded in 2009, we are a vertically integrated cannabis company operating in Colorado. Our core value is to provide the best possible product and experience to our customers across all our product categories. We are successful and cash flow positive. Our expertise ranges from cannabis cultivation, manufacturing and retail.
Initial salary range is $65,000 – $75,000 with an generous stock option program and bonus based on performance.
We are looking for our first General Counsel, a leader who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to initiate best practices, build teams, and find answers when it appears there are none.
The winner will be a leader with executive presence, as well as the people skills to build relationships with our employees in the field, government regulators, and industry innovators.
- Lead Business Development and file new application opportunities
- Create best practices and manage the most efficient processes for supporting daily operations, such as commercial contracts, vendor agreements, NDAs, and employment agreements
- Advise CEO and senior management on existing and pending new laws
- Manage litigation, and outside counsel generally
- Lead on important corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, and growth-related opportunities that may include entering the public markets
- Proactively identify and execute opportunities for the law department to add value to the enterprise
- Represent the company before regulatory bodies, and/or manage experts in specific jurisdictions who will be doing so
- A JD in excellent standing
- 3+ years of legal experience, ideally including time in both law firm and in-house settings
- Experience counseling at the executive level
- Experience at a publicly traded company
- The people and leadership skills to build a best-in-class legal department
- Preference for candidates with working knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to the cannabis industry; Will consider non-industry experts, but with a bias towards attorneys who have worked within highly regulated environments.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Commercial operations/transactions experience preferred
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be culturally aligned and passionate about the growth of legal cannabis generally
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Legal Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Legal Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bar (Preferred)
- litigation: 5 years (Preferred)
- maritime law: 5 years (Preferred)
- general counsel: 5 years (Preferred)
- real estate: 5 years (Preferred)