Work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Who We Are: Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ) is executing its vision to become one of the nation’s largest vertically integrated cannabis holding companies by revenue. Upon the completion of its announced acquisitions, its portfolio will consist of top-tier licensed brands spanning cultivation, extraction, infused-product manufacturing, dispensary operations, consulting, and a nutrient line. Schwazze leadership includes Colorado cannabis leaders with proven expertise in product and business development as well as top-tier executives from Fortune 500 companies. As a leading platform for vertical integration, Schwazze is strengthening the operational efficiency of the cannabis industry in Colorado and beyond, promoting sustainable growth and increased access to capital, while delivering best-quality service and products to the end consumer. For more information, please visit our website: www.schwazze.com.
Job Title: Mergers and Acquisition Attorney
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, CO
Salary Range: $130,000 – $150,000
The M&A lawyer will serves as the primary point of contact responsible for overseeing the creation, delegation, and completion of all legal tasks relating to company transactions for the Mergers and Acquisitions Team. Such tasks may include negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements, drafting operative transaction documents such as the Letter of Intent and purchase agreement documents, coordinating with functional leads to review and complete due diligence, conduct legal due diligence, participate in and/or lead negotiations and prepare issues lists for internal use, coordinate outside deal counsel as applicable, monitor and ensure smooth post-closing process, address ongoing compliance with purchase agreements, assess indemnity claims, and advise the company on various other legal matters pertaining to acquisition transactions.
- Responsible for all legal matters related to merger and acquisition activity, including maintaining deal progress and ensure minimal delays and lead time between LOI and closing.
- Perform diligence and modeling for asset and entity acquisition opportunities.
- Research industry trends and identify investment opportunities aligned with company strategy.
- Create and prepare highly detailed investment presentations for Executive Leadership Team, Investment Committee, and the company’s Board of Directors.
Education and Experience Required:
- Superior academic credentials required.
- Substantial drafting and negotiation experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of top law firm experience.
- Public Sector Experience preferred
Knowledge and Other Desired Qualifications:
- Strategic and Critical Thinking,
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to Multitask on Highly Complex Projects
- Highly Organized
- Complex Drafting
- Attention to Detail
- Creative Problem Solving
- to Learn
Schwazze is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO 80239: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bar (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 65%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
- Posted 2 days ago