Join the movement!
One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
Under the guidance and in collaboration with the Senior Vice President of Regulatory & Public Affairs, the Associate Counsel, Government Relations will be primarily responsible for interacting with third parties to advance the government relations and strategic business development efforts of the company. This position will have a dual external and internal role with responsibility and the expectation to be involved with elected officials, lobbyists, industry associations, current or potential business partners, and strategic project management.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions):
- Monitor and research proposed legislative and regulatory activity and analyze how such effort impacts PharmaCann. Work with existing team members to organize and coordinate multi-market coverage of regulatory and legislative activity.
- Manage, coordinate and evaluate outside lobbyists and consultants. Oversee the execution of annual strategic plans for each market. Work with outside lobbyists to meet and communicate with elected officials and government agencies.
- Assist with the vetting, organization, and project management of business development relating to state licensing opportunities.
- Oversee and manage lobbying disclosure compliance requirements. Develop budgets and track spending for government relations activity. Work with managers to develop and adhere to departmental budget
- Assist in the development of cannabis policy and participate in state and federal industry group activities.
- Oversee and help with strategic execution of organic and acquisitive business opportunities in all markets, including application processes and strategic project management.
- Develop external relationships that will be accretive to the business.
- Work to develop strategic opportunities for earned media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong In-house Government Relations experience required.
- Education: JD preferred, but graduate-level public affairs degree will be considered.
- 3-5 years in the practice of law or other related public affairs background.
- Experience with media, and community outreach and development.
- Regulatory work and business development experience preferred.
- Self-starter, as this role will require a high degree of self-time management and may require significant out-of-office time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be engaging with extremely strong communication skills.
- Must have solid understanding of state and local-level legislative and deliberative processes. Must be proficient in a Google and Microsoft environment.
This job requires substantial travel, self-scheduling, and evening/weekend hours. Must pass any and all required background checks.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.