Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, Pharmacann Inc. operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
This position is suitable for a practicing, early-career attorney interested in cultivating a broad practice with a large and rapidly growing cannabis multi-state operator. While interest and experience in Labor and Employment Law, Contract Law, Intellectual Property law and/or Data Privacy law is preferred, an open attitude and eagerness to learn is the main requirement. This position will report to the Director of Legal and work with individuals at all levels within PharmaCann. This role is based out of Chicago, IL and may require travel to PharmaCann’s facilities.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities
- Review and draft vendor contracts.
- Provide legal guidance for key business units such as Human Resources, Marketing, and Information Technology on a variety of issues.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Legal on strategic projects.
- Provide support on due diligence efforts associated with merger and acquisition activity by PharmaCann.
- Travel periodically among PharmaCann’s multi-state cultivation and dispensary operations to provide on-site guidance and gain a complete understanding of the business.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Ability to work independently, Self-starter, innovative, proactive.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner both internally and externally
- Performs well under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and willingness to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
- Strong integrity and demonstrate ethical behavior at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- The desire to make a positive impact as part of a fast-growing leader in the cannabis industry.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited school.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of legal experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as pharmaceutical, alcohol, gaming, tobacco, financial services, or insurance.
- Law firm experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the cannabis industry is desired.
- Writing sample required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Refer to job description guidelines for more details.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.