Legal counsel: 7 years (Required)
Full Job Description
- Responsible for securities filings and disclosures as required by U.S. laws or applicable exchanges; coordinate with cross-functional teams to make key determinations for public disclosures.
- Assist with corporate secretarial responsibilities as needed.
- Assist in preparation or board, board committee, proxy and annual meeting materials.
- Provide counsel on corporate governance, including insider trading and whistleblower policies.
- Partner as necessary with compliance and internal audit colleagues.
- Contribute to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- Draft and revise various corporate governance documents (e.g., minutes, board resolutions, etc.) in compliance with applicable law and existing corporate requirements.
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school
- Maintain an active license to practice law in CA.
- Extensive legal experience in securities and transactions.
- Extensive legal experience with SEC rules and regulations.
- Experience working for and/or representing publicly traded companies.
- Experience evaluating, structuring, and executing merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions for publicly listed companies.
- Experience advising multi-functional deal teams, including corporate and business development, finance, sales, human resources, and legal.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced legal environment.
- Relentless drive to meet or exceed targets, impress your clients with your focus on detail, and to bring up your team behind you.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Skilled at explaining legal needs and strategies to a non-legal audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills so that you can inspire others and help us build a positive and inclusive work environment. You work well within a team, knowing when and how to keep senior members of the legal team informed on matters of importance, and treating everyone with respect.
- You possess superior legal skills and the ability to make clear, well-reasoned legal decisions that advance the business interests. Must be pragmatic in approach, with a good business mind, fully aware of the business consequences of legal advice.
- Must be able to identify and solve critical issues.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160,000.00 – $240,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Legal counsel: 7 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Only full-time employees eligible