membership with the State Bar of California (Required)
Full Job Description
About the Role
We are looking for Legal Counsel to join our team. As a key member of our legal team, you will support collaboration across multiple business groups and practice areas providing timely and results-oriented legal advice and services. Working closely with our Executive and Operations teams, you will support the execution of legal strategy and influence overall business strategy by contributing your legal expertise.
- Prepare and review a wide variety of commercial legal documents.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective commercial and contract management strategies, processes and controls.
- Provide strategic legal advice in various areas of law, including information technology law, commercial, ecommerce, promotions and advertising, procurement, and regulatory compliance. Provide legal interpretation and advice on cannabis and other applicable legislation.
- Prepare and review briefing notes, reports and correspondence.
- Liaise with lawyers from other organizations in regard to contract executions and other matters.
- Member in good standing with the State Bar of California.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a leading law firm or an established in-house legal department.
- Experience in the cannabis industry would be an asset but is not necessary.
- Experience with identifying and strategically advising on legal risks and regulatory compliance issues related to information technology, including data privacy and cybersecurity, and familiarity with a broad range of legal documents and agreement structures.
- Excellent judgement and keen sensitivity to legal and political issues.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- membership with the State Bar of California (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19