Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding around the world. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever- evolving brands.
With millions of square feet of licensed medical cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
With dual reporting to the European Region and corporate IT, this position will be responsible for IT in Europe. The candidate will be the primary focal point for all the IT needs within Europe closely working with corporate IT to implement solutions that are in line with global IT standards. The IT Director will grow and lead a dispersed team of IT professionals throughout various European countries that Canopy Growth has presence ensuring all global IT processes are adhered to. The candidate will play a key supporting role in the deployment of a global ERP to Europe in a staggered manner.
- Manages and interacts with a culturally diverse team of support and execution engineers while also focusing on project demands and tasks
- Executing on new site deployments based on architecture and design from corporate IT through combination of Canopy Growth employees and outsourced partners
- Support the deployment of a global ERP within the region championing the change management that comes with that
- Build strong relationships across European operations and corporate IT in order to help develop and support new and existing capabilities
- Define, deliver, and support strategic plans for implementing technologies within the European region
- Verify performance of provided services by conducting system audits and reviewing established metrics
- Execute programs based on standard corporate IT policies and procedures in line with Internal Controls for Financial Reporting (ICFR) and SOX
- Onboard and exit new employees in the European region ensuring new employees have the required systems in place
- Forecast demand for services, prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures, analyze variances and corrective action.
- Manage in-region enterprise systems related maintenance such as systems upgrades, patching, health monitoring, license management, hardware/software asset management, and software distribution.
- Mentor junior staff in order to continue building a world class system engineering support organization
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience). A Masters degree in business would be an asset
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing projects and priorities
- Motivated, passionate technology manager with a focus on process improvement, technical support and analytical thinking
- 10+ years experience directly managing an IT team in a fast-paced global environment. Experience with a publicly listed NA company would be an asset and in particular operating in a controls framework (GMP, ICFR/SoX)
- Experience with ERPs (SAP, NetSuite, MS), CRM (Salesforce) and Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) is required
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Understanding the overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results
- Fluent in English. German language would be an advantage
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time across Europe and Canada
- This position will be located in Canopy’s European headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany or the United Kingdom
This is a full-time position and can be based out of Frankfurt, Germany or the United Kingdom.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.