Stockhead is recruiting for a full-time, experienced, self-starting journalist that would like to break out of the typical run-of-the-mill business reporting environment.
The role is based out of our office in Sydney CBD and offers flexibility to work from home.
A little bit about us
Stockhead (www.stockhead.com.au) is an online news service dedicated to covering the stories of emerging, ASX-listed companies. We have broken the mould in business journalism with our snappy, quirky and fun way of delivering news about ASX small caps.
The business is backed by a team of highly experienced, full-time reporters and contributors who produce independent journalism covering companies outside of the ASX200. We focus on resources, healthcare and technology – but we cover companies in any sector as long as they have an interesting story to tell.
We are a fast-growing business that needs to expand its talented editorial department.
Stockhead is looking for an experienced biotech and health journalist to join its fast-growing team.
The role involves writing independent editorial content – requiring you to source and write compelling stories relevant to ASX small caps and investors – and paid client content based on ASX announcements or longer proactive/profile feature pieces based on interviews.
You would need to be able to work to deadlines as well as have the confidence to engage with business executives as needed to conduct interviews and obtain more information.
- Strong interview skills and news sense
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the biotech/health sector
- Experience with medical cannabis viewed favourably
- Extensive business journalism experience writing for print or online publications
- Experience writing quality content to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled in using CMS systems including WordPress
- An ability to bring your own sense of flair and personality to your writing, which fits within Stockhead’s breezy, informative style
In return, you’ll enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Stockhead is committed to challenging, empowering and enabling its employees to grow in a flexible and supportive environment and offers a competitive remuneration package, which is negotiable based on experience.
What to do now?
Email email@example.com for more information or apply via the Seek link with your cover letter and resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a journalist?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?