Negotiation: 2 years (Preferred)
Contracts: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world’s largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
We’re seeking an energetic Jr. Contracts Attorney to assist the legal team with daily functions that will support many facets of the company. The ideal candidate will be punctual, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and willing to flex into a new role at any given moment. This candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in corporate transactional matters and contracts/negotiations. Cannabis Industry experience is a plus!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- To belong to a community of relentlessly dedicated individuals driven by a passion to be a best in class cannabis brand
- To do exceptionally meaningful work that helps to improve other’s quality of life.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; guided by an authentic understanding of cannabis and cannabis culture; and committed to social justice.
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning in a startup company
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility – this role will be ever-changing
- Cannabis Industry experience preferred
- 1-2 years of experience reviewing contracts/negotiations
- 1-2 years of corporate experience
- Transactional matters experience
- Ability to work in a high-volume company managing multiple cases and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport and trust within the legal department
- Capability and experience to work independently
- Licensed in the state of residence
- Strong academic credentials
- Outstanding references
- Bachelor’s Degree, J.D. and CA State Bar License Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Be able to stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $0.01 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Negotiation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Transactional: 2 years (Preferred)
- Contracts: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bar (Required)
- One location