Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- Prepare and review legal documents, including contracts, approvals, authorizations, memoranda of understanding, letters of intent, non-disclosure agreements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective commercial and contract management strategies, processes and controls.
- Work closely with the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary on governance matters, including the preparation of board and sub-committee meeting agendas, resolutions and minutes, and assist in the preparation of all related material.
- Provide advice primarily related to commercial law, but also in the areas of information technology, promotions and advertising, labour and employment, and public procurement.
- Provide legal interpretation and advice on cannabis and other applicable legislation.
- Prepare and review briefing notes, reports and correspondence.
- Liaise with lawyers from government and government agencies from Ontario and other jurisdictions, external legal counsel and lawyers practicing in the cannabis industry.
- Develop and deliver presentations on current legal issues to internal OCS groups.
- Participate in OCS projects or committees where legal advice may be required, including policy development and procedural matters.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a leading law firm or an established in-house legal department (including at other provincial agencies or the Province of Ontario); experience in the cannabis industry would be an asset but is not necessary.
- Strong commercial law background and demonstrable experience in the drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements.
- Ability to provide clear and practical advice to senior management.
- Excellent judgement and keen sensitivity to legal and political issues.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Contract Full Time – 12 Months
- Required Travel: Rarely within GTA.
- Application Deadline: February 3, 2021