We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute formulations in the United States.
The Legal Operations Manager will be responsible for corporate legal records and entity management, coordinating license applications and renewals, insurance support, and assisting Jushi’s legal team in a variety of corporate, litigation and compliance matters. This is a unique opportunity in a complex, intellectually stimulating regulatory environment working alongside hard-working dedicated colleagues in and outside the legal department.
- Coordinate Jushi’s license application and renewals including speaking directly with C-level Senior Management and the Board of Directors, reviewing application/renewal materials for compliance, obtaining necessary application/renewal materials, and ensuring timely filing
- Manage and maintain Jushi’s corporate filings, legal entity structure, IP portfolio, contracts, corporate databases, and Jushi’s internal corporate processes
- Ensure timely securities and regulatory filings
- Assist attorneys in array of corporate and commercial transactions, from preparation to closing
- Assist with litigation case management, including discovery, responding to document requests, and calendaring
- Assist in drafting a variety of corporate documents, including inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents
- Collaborate with in-house and outside legal counsel and outside vendors in various legal, compliance and insurance matters
- Provide support to the Jushi’s internal insurance program as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of corporate paralegal, compliance and/or legal operations experience at a law firm or in-house corporation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Corporate experience, including entity formation and maintenance, contracts review, drafting, and negotiation, securities filings, and corporate governance practices
- Ability to work autonomously and be results driven
- Impeccable attention to detail and pride in one’s work product
- Comfortable spotting issues and escalating to the team when necessary
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lucid, DocuSign, Teams, Zoom and other document sharing and e-signing tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
Powered by JazzHR