Cultiva Law, PLLC seeks an eager and passionate mid-level litigation Associate Attorney to join our Portland, Oregon office. This attorney will support the litigation team for the Portland office doing litigation work related to business and regulatory disputes associated to the cannabis industry and will work collaboratively with other members of the Cultiva offices in Washington, Oregon and California to analyze new business, assist with current client workload and to help grow the firm’s presence.
Outstanding writing skills are a prerequisite and a writing sample is required along with the application. The Associate Attorney will be called upon to make and communicate difficult decisions, handle multiple complex situations, and produce high quality work while advocating for the clients under time pressure and during disputes. Our lawyers are responsible for helping our clients solve exciting business and regulatory challenges in a rapidly growing, constantly changing, emerging market.
· Oregon, Washington or California Bar license (required)
· Interest or experience in cannabis law
· Previous litigation experience
· Exceptional writing (writing sample required) and communication skills
· Interest in working for a regional law firm with a far-reaching impact
· Demonstrated ability to develop and lead initiatives, a person who can work independently but also knows how to work well with others as part of a team
· A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
Compensation and Benefits
· Salary based on experience and qualifications
· Generous PTO package
· Bus pass or parking
· Health insurance after 90 days
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work in the cannabis industry and writing sample.
*This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Cultiva Law, PLLC reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice. This position is “exempt” under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Legal Drafting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Legal Research: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bar (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process