Massachusetts’ adult-use cannabis industry is officially open for business. Last month, the Cannabis Control Commission (Commission) authorized Cultivate Holdings, LLC and New England Treatment Access, LLC to commence operations for the first legal adult-use marijuana sales on the East Coast. Since then, three more retail establishments have received their commence operations notices from the Commission. Visit our licensing page for details on all of the marijuana establishments that have commenced operations.
Every one of us at the Commission takes pride in progress we have made over the past year, but we also acknowledge that much of the hard work has just begun. Plenty of challenges remain, including:
That’s a tall order, and one we know that can only be tackled through significant collaboration. We will not make the important progress needed on these issues without seeking your feedback and participation. By working together, we will be able to build the agency, and the industry, that Massachusetts can be proud of.
Thank you for following the work of our Commission. We are excited to see what the future holds. Wishing you and your family the best in the New Year.
- Cannabis Law News
- COVID19: Cannabis, Hemp and CBD Updates
- Breaking News
- Lighting Up With Heather Allman
- Mark Taylor UK / EU Cannabis Compliance Blog
- Smoking Stork – Press Releases
- aBIZinaBOX Inc. and Jordan S. Zoot
- Lane Powell
- Green Entrepreneur
- Glen Johnson – Marketing / Matters
- Medical Cannabis News
- One-Hit Wonders
- Patrick McKnight – Cannabis Law & Updates From THe North East
- Pot Luck
- Teri Buhl – Regulated Cannabis & Hemp Industry Investigative Journalism
- More Blogs
- Cannabis Tax Intel
- Contact Us