Revolution is changing the way people think about and access high-quality cannabis. Our brands strategically capture distinct segments of this rapidly evolving marketplace by cultivating health and happiness rooted in the science of cannabis.
Our vision is to foster a world where society understand the medicinal benefits of cannabis, cannabis businesses uplift communities both economically and socially, people are free to make educated decisions for their own health, and the efficacy of cannabis is maintained through highly regulated and controlled markets. We value integrity, passion, curiosity, and growth at all levels our organization. With that in mind, we are seeking to add a passionate Director of Manufacturing to our team.
Essential Functions: We are looking for a dynamic employment attorney who is able to wear both the “lawyer hat” and the “HR hat” to assist our growing team. Reporting directly to the CFO, our ideal candidate has been in-house before and understands how to change and wear these hats seamlessly as required by the business. Key to this role is a fundamental understanding of anti-discrimination laws, ADA, FMLA/medical leave laws/workers compensation, wage and hour, employee benefits and regulatory employment requirements (e.g., filing an EEO-1). This attorney will have to navigate these laws in day-to-day situations, as well as be able to draft policy, employment agreements and consulting agreements (and negotiate those agreements) and generally assist the HR team. This attorney will need to be quick on his/her/their feet and be comfortable giving advice in real-time and partnering closely with the HR team. This attorney will also need to be organized, tracking legal requirements by state, like training requirements. Ideally, this attorney would do the trainings (where possible) and be a strategic thought-partner working with the HR team and the executive team and guiding the culture of the company.
- Must have a working knowledge of the legal principles that govern the employer-employee relationship.
- JD from accredited law school.
- 5-8 years’ experience ideally, with in-house experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of employment laws and how to apply them to day-to-day situations.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and regulatory requirements (e.g., ACA compliance).
- Experience conducting internal investigations.
- Friendly, approachable and able to become a trusted advisor to both the HR team and the executive team on issues related to employment law.
- A good sense of judgment along with the ability to assist the company in making difficult decisions.
- Proactive – looking for ways to improve process and policy.
- Comfortable in both a cultivation environment and a corporate environment.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good research and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
EEO Statement: Revolution is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.