The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery and execution of a marketing strategy to help achieve our business objectives in the growing medical cannabis industry in New York.
- Act as a liaison between NYCANNA dispensary operations and Acreage Holdings marketing department.
- Grow and drive NYCANNA’s social media by developing content to help accelerate our reputation state-wide and build a loyal following on social media.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to successfully execute our marketing strategy and programs for existing and new products / sku’s.
- Oversee implementation of our communications strategy – for campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR – for both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrate an effective understanding of marketing, advertising, and promotional activities to create, launch, and track performance of new products and campaigns
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Acreage Marketing team and NYCANNA dispensary team to create compelling marketing campaigns and events to help establish NYCANNA as the leading NY medical cannabis company.
- Responsible for marketing project management including budgeting, expense tracking and reporting, and tracking key performance indicators for marketing initiatives.
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, audio / video production, sales tools, collateral, ads and web site development from initial concept to finished product and execution
- Analyze products, services offerings and approach of key competitors; leverage the insights gained to communicate key points of differentiation for products and services to our dispensary customers /partners.
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency across all marketing projects and communication vehicles.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all State MMJ Regulations and company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Management or related field
- Proven track record of success in marketing and creative roles with emphasis in social media
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing or communications
- Experience in a startup company, healthcare, marketing preferred
- Successful track record with demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing/ strategy and communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe and various software tools
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable about social media platforms, digital marketing and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Results-driven, proactive and positive problem-solving attitude
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, to consistently deliver results on time and under budget
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to enable working well with cross-functional teams in a rapidly evolving organizational and market environment
- Strong communication skills including listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must pass a state and federal background check (state mandated)
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within NY as necessary; must have reliable transportation