Marigold is Canada’s top Marketing & PR firm for cannabis brands. We provide communications and PR services including media relations, event coordination, influencer programs, and community management.
Marigold is seeking a hands-on Media Relations Specialist with 5+ years of experience. The successful candidate would join us in working with some of the most well-respected and interesting cannabis brands. We are looking for a candidate with strong pitching skills, positive natures, and client management backgrounds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute Canadian and international media relations
- Write and finalize press materials including but not limited to: press releases, key messaging, advisories, pitches, etc.
- Administer the highest level of quality control
- Media training development and delivery where required
- Deliver exceptional results, report and communicate results
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of media relations experience
- Interest in the cannabis industry, working experience in the industry is a plus
- Interest in the psychedelic industry, working experience in the industry is a plus
- Proven understanding of PR & media success
- Strong relationships with media across Canada; relationships with US media is a plus
- Extremely organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Ability to write in CP style
- An organized self-starter, with the ability to work well both independently and as a team
- Obsessed with reporting and demonstrating results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, English or PR-related discipline and/or relevant experience in the field
Interested candidates should provide links to writing samples, and information about rates.
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Salary: $30.00-$50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Can you write in CP style?
- What are your rates?
- Describe your interest and/or experience in the cannabis and psychedelic industries.
- Media Relations: 5 years (required)