Position: Medical Writer
Status: FT Contractor (e.g. 40 hours per week) contract as a consultant for initial 3 months
Salary Range: $30-$40 hourly depending on background and experience
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer
Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why we’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and transform the mental health landscape. Numinus’ medical team is expanding to find a vision and mission aligned person to join the team as a Medical Writer. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the full-time position is a hands-on role that is responsible for assisting with a range of writing tasks including the writing and editing of clinical, research and other written materials including patient facing descriptions of therapeutic treatments available through Numinus’ programs as well as writing required to support the laboratory activities. Experience and track record of strong writing skills is required for the role.
The Medical Writer collaborates with members of cross-functional teams to prepare high-quality protocols and other research documents, regulatory documents, clinical publications, and related clinical documents within agreed-upon timelines.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or diploma from a writing program preferred.
- Experience with scientific writing, including searching research databases (e.g. pubmed.com) as well as the use of a citation management software (e.g. Endnote) a strength though training can be provided to strong candidates with more writing experience outside of the scientific writing area.
- The candidate will ideally have experience from an established writing environment and/or with peer-reviewed publication or a capstone or thesis from a masters (or PhD) program or at least one year experience writing in an institutional, corporate or clinical environment with skills in knowledge translation including experience with making technical language available to a lay audience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, multi-task, and work effectively under
pressure; adapt to change as needed; possess excellent project management skills; attentive to
- Ability to communicate with teams to set realistic timeline expectations; demonstrated ability to
deliver within agreed internal and regulatory timelines; monitor and communicate progress against
milestones; escalate complex issues appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills; establishes and maintains professional
and productive working relationships with team members.
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will be required to set up an office in your home in order to carry out the accountabilities of your role. If necessary, Numinus will provide you with a laptop. Should you require other equipment for your role, you will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.