The Office of Medicinal Cannabis
Since 1 January 2001 the OMC has been the government agency responsible for implementing the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs. It is also responsible for overseeing the production of cannabis for medicinal and scientific purposes.
The OMC has a monopoly on supplying medicinal cannabis to pharmacies, and on its import and export. The OMC also processes applications for exemptions from the Opium Act relating to cannabis and cannabis resin.
The quality of the medicinal cannabis is guaranteed by a constant supervision of the grower and the distributor.
Products and services
The OMC supplies the following products and services:
- Cannabis for medicinal purposes:
- In the Netherlands exclusively to pharmacies, pharmacy-holding GP’s, hospitals and veterinarians
- The OMC is willing to deliver also outside the Netherlands in case the autorities of that perticular country agree on that.
- Cannabis for scientifical research.
- Import and export of cannabis and cannabisresin.
- Opiumact exemptions for cannabis and cannabisresin.
The site also provides information on
- Import & Export Licences
- Exemptions From The Opium Act
- Patient Information