Join the movement!
One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
This role works with the Compliance and Legal team in ensuring that PharmaCann, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “PharmaCann” or the “Company”) are compliant with all cannabis industry laws, regulations, standards and ethical practices in the jurisdictions in which the Company operates. The Regulatory Compliance Associate will manage and maintain compliance priorities, including but not limited to, operational and regulatory deadlines. This position will report to the Director of Compliance and will work with various leaders at different levels within the Company. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in an exciting, fast-paced and evolving industry.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for that state
- Reviews and interprets state regulations and assists the Director of Compliance in responding to internal and external inquiries
- Serves as subject matter expert on current and prospective state cannabis regulations and provides compliance advice to Company leaders
- Assists in the application process for entering new markets by drafting and editing license applications.
- Submits applications for registration renewals to maintain state licensures
- Works with key members of PharmaCann’s Operational team and Real Estate and Facilities team to draft variance requests and operational deadline extension requests
- Prepares and submits documentation required for regulatory inspections and coordinates the inspection process for internal departments and state regulators
- Uses independent judgment and knowledge of applicable state regulations to provide regulatory analyses to the Compliance and Legal team
- Drafts and updates Standard Operating Procedures, Operations and Management Plans and Security Plans as needed
- Reviews marketing collateral to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Assists with implementing PharmaCann’s policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance
- Investigates and resolves compliance concerns, issues, or violations
- Keeps informed of emerging cannabis regulatory issues, trends, and other developments which could impact PharmaCann operations
- Communicates with state regulators and inspectors as needed
- Travels periodically among the Company’s multi-state cultivation and dispensary operations
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited school preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as pharmaceutical, alcohol, gaming, tobacco, or financial services/insurance/lending
- Law firm and/or regulatory experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the cannabis industry is preferred
- Writing sample required
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and rules and regulations applicable to the cannabis industry
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions
- Self-starter, innovative, proactive
- Detail oriented, excellent judgment and time management with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Able to communicate in a professional manner both internally and with regulators
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Performs well under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and willing to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly
- Motivated by making a positive impact on the business and the cannabis industry
- Support company policies, goals, and core values
- Strong integrity and demonstrate ethical behavior at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research and organizational skills
Most importantly, the desire to have an opportunity to make a positive impact as part of a fast-growing leader in the cannabis industry by shaping regulatory compliance functions spanning across all levels of a sophisticated cannabis company as well as the opportunity to work with smart, driven people who value fun, service, integrity, and respect.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.