2 May 2016
Oregon Issues First Batch of Rec Marijuana Grow Licenses reports MJ Biz – here’s the list
Oregon regulators awarded the first eight marijuana grower licenses under the state’s new recreational cannabis program.
The winners include former Portland Trail Blazer forward Antonio Harvey, the owner of a trendy Portland restaurant and lounge, as well as veteran marijuana growers.
The licensees are:
- Harold Frazier, Dale Fox, Maiden Azalea LLC (New Breed Seed) – Outdoor, Lane County
- Far Out Farms, LLC (Far Out Farms) – Mixed, Tillamook County
- Preston Greene (Yerba Buena) – Mixed, Washington County
- Smokey Mountain Farm, LLC (Smokey Mountain Farm) – Outdoor, Washington County
- Jennifer Speer-Harvey, Antonio Harvey, Daniel Speer (Terra Mater) – Mixed, Clackamas County
- PWCC, LLC (Pacific Wonderland Craft Cannabis) – Mixed, Clackamas County
- SOCC, LLC (Southern Oregon Cannabis Company) – Outdoor, Jackson County
- Charles J. Brooks (Loved Buds) – Outdoor, Josephine County
Half of the licensees, so-called Tier 1 licensees, are allowed to have between 5,000 and 10,000 square feet of grow space. The Tier 2 group can have between 20,000 and 40,000 square feet of canopy. Mixed growers are allowed to use both outdoor and indoor growing areas.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has said it plans to issue licenses on a rolling basis, with cultivators first so they can grow product for retailers.
The OLCC said in a news release it expects to issue around 850 licenses in 2016.