Community Federal Savings Bank (“CFSB”), located in New York City, is seeking a payments counsel with 2+ years of experience. CFSB offers a full range of banking services including, ACH settlement services, pre-paid card issuance, and retail banking. In addition to serving our general customer base, we also service various types of money service businesses and FinTech companies. The individual suitable for this role will display a high degree of professionalism and integrity through their work, and will possess a solid understanding of Regulations E and Z.
This position will begin as remote work from home due to the pandemic and will transition to in-person at CFSB’s offices in Midtown, New York.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this role will serve as client facing attorney with a mission to grow CFSB’s business while keeping the Bank safe.
- Negotiate card servicing agreements, ACH origination agreements, and other program servicing agreements along with NDAs, account control agreements, deposit agreements, and other ancillary agreements;
- Review cardholder agreements, terms and conditions, and other disclosures;
- Help CFSB meet its regulatory obligations in all aspects of its business lines; and
- Assist in general corporate governance, including board packages.
We are looking for a junior attorney with a strong banking background. At a minimum, the ideal candidate will have:
- Admission to any United States State Bar (if not NY, then the ability to register as inhouse counsel in NY);
- 2+ years of legal experience in the payments/card space;
- An in-depth knowledge of Regulations E and Z;
- A high degree of comfort working independently in a scrappy, fast-paced environment;
- A willingness to dive into new projects;
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize tasks;
- Working knowledge of MS Office; and
- Excellent research skills.
Nice to have
Bonus points for.
Bonus points for.
- Experience working with or for federal savings banks;
- Familiarity with issues relating to the cryptocurrency industry; and/or
- Familiarity with issues relating to the cannabis/hemp industry.
About Community Federal Savings Bank
CFSB is a federally chartered bank, headquartered in New York City. CFSB focuses on providing superior service and added value to clients though a solid understanding of relationship banking. We offer a full range of services, including loans, bill payments, card services, internet banking, and merchant processing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.