$3,116 – $10,658 a month
Full Job Description
Agency: Criminal Justice Information Authority
Closing Date/Time: 07/22/2021
Salary: $3,116.00 – $10,658.00
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Collective Bargaining Agreement language applies to this requisition:
We are currently transitioning away from a paper application process to an electronic application process. This position has not been transitioned. Please follow the directions below when applying to this position.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE
**DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON**
CMS100/B Employment Application and all applicable documentation should be submitted to the Agency contact listed below.
This position is non-union.
Information in this statement is NOT intended to be all-encompassing or to address all responsibilities of the position.
ICJIA responds to community needs with research and federal and state grants administration. ICJIA administers over 100 million dollars in grants, including the R3 (restore, reinvest, renew) grants (funded thought the tax on legalize cannabis), state violence prevention grants, and federal grants including the Violence Against Women Act and the Victims of Crimes Act. ICJIA convenes groups and collaborates on efforts to reform the criminal justice system. ICJIA leads criminal justice reform efforts by supporting policy makers through research.
We are seeking to hire a Deputy General Counsel for the Illinois Criminal Justice and Information Authority (ICJIA). The Deputy General Counsel has a key role in shaping grants for the agency. The Deputy General Counsel is responsible for updating ICJIA’s administrative regulations and is responsible for internal investigations related to grants. The ideal candidate will help lead the agency to engage in grantmaking with an equity lens and provide guidance on technical legal questions. ICJIA has a collegial environment and provides opportunities to work on cutting edge criminal justice issues in the state. We invite qualified applicants to apply and to help ICJIA support grantees in improving the state and support ICJIA’s research. Ensures that ICJIA’s policies and procedures conform with the law and ICJIA’s policy goals, including ensuring that equity is considered in policy making. Provides advice on legislation related to ICJIA. Offers legal advice and education on a wide variety legal issues and questions affecting ICJIA programs and policies. Serves as Ethics Officer, Appeals officer, and provides counsel for ICJIA’s task forces and boards. Serves as a Project Leader for special projects at ICJIA. Represents the Authority in administrative hearings and communicates with Attorney General’s office regarding litigation. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires:
- This position requires Four years of progressively responsible legal experience
- This position requires Experience with administrative law
- This position requires Experience assessing policies with an equity lens
- This position requires Experience drafting policies based on law or regulation
- This position requires Experience managing projects, including setting time lines and creating task list
- This position requires Experience working with grants, including grant agreements
- This position requires Experience drafting legal memos or legal briefs
- This position requires Experience presenting cases in court or administrative hearings
- This position requires Experience providing legal advice to non-lawyers
- This position requires the ability to convey legal concepts in clear terms for non-lawyers
- License to practice law in Illinois.
- Ability to work overtime, including last minute overtime.
This position requires graduation from a recognize law school.
This position requires a valid license to practice law in Illinois.
This position requires 3 years of progressively responsible law experience in a public, non-profit or business organization.
Work Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours/week) Monday – Friday 8:30am -5:00pm
Work Location: 300 W. Adams St. Ste. 200, Chicago, IL 60606
Agency Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Function: Fiscal/Finance/Business
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A SEPARATE BID FORM (as applicable) AND CMS-100 or CMS100B FOR EACH POSTED VACANCY APPLIED FOR. Please list the Job Requisition ID in place of the Bid # on the appropriate forms.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ONLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
TO APPLY: PLEASE SEND THE APPROPRIATE FORMS, AS LISTED BELOW TO: CJA.HRDepartment@illinois.gov . PLEASE DO NOT SEND RESUMES/CV
How to Apply: BID FORMS ARE ONLY REQUIRED FOR CURRENT/FORMER STATE EMPLOYEES
Submit a copy of your current Illinois Law License, Official Position Vacancy Bid Form, and CMS-100 Employment Application (version dated 9/2020 or after) to the Agency Contact email listed above.
- A separate Bid form and Application is required for each Posting/Bid ID or your bid will be rejected.
- Failure to complete and submit the new CMS-100 version (dated 9/2020 or after) will result in your application being rejected.