Public relations: 8 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Publicist for Angel’s Envy
About MOJO PR:
We are a tight-knit group of strategic communications professionals specializing in consumer lifestyle public relations, corporate and crisis communications and publicity. We work with leading brands in the spirits, cannabis, travel and hospitality industries. Together, we create engaging and dynamic campaigns for brands, products and experiences. We are dreamers and doers. You’ll do well here if you’re interested in collaborating and winning with a diverse team committed to enjoying each other and the work we do.
Who we are looking for:
MOJO is seeking a part-time, Louisville-based publicist with 10+ years of experience to support profile raising initiatives for an executive of Angel’s Envy, as well as local PR for the distillery. The position will require 30 hours of work per month for a minimum of one fiscal year starting April 1.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in personal, celebrity or executive publicity and/or consumer public relations and be able to develop and execute a 12-month (and beyond) profile-raising plan, including:
- Securing media opportunities on a local and national level across print and broadcast outlets around campaign moments, in response to news cycle trends or on evergreen, brand-centric topics.
- Identifying and securing speaking opportunities (panels, keynotes, etc.) at local and national conferences and events, both within the spirits industry and outside of it.
- Submitting executive for leading executive awards, both within the spirits industry and outside of it.
- Serving as Angel’s Envy’s local PR point person, including the promotion of events and local campaign activities as well as news and updates about the distillery.
- Developing press materials, including multimedia press kits, press releases, media alerts, Q&As, fact sheets, bios, op-eds, etc. for both the executive and the distillery.
We’re looking for a team member who:
- Has strong media, influencer and event contacts, both inside and outside of the spirits industry.
- Has a strong knowledge of the PR field, including experience in media relations, press campaign development, issues management and execution of creative, strategic and thoughtful communications plans.
- Is a proactive self-starter who works well within a team and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Can manage multiple deadlines and projects at one time and has the ability to set goals, objectives and KPIs and keep all relevant teams abreast of progress.
- Exhibits proven writing skills, including the ability to ghostwrite in executives’ voices.
- Can work independently and proactively; please note that the position will have additional team support from the New York-based team to carry out execution.
Requirements for the position:
- Based in or near Louisville, KY
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing
- Minimum 10+ years of applicable industry experience (communications, public relations, publicity)
- Prior experience as an PR/publicity agency account lead or in-house lead
- Proficiency using Cision and/or other media-monitoring services
- Available to staff Louisville-based events (including being available to work evenings and weekends when necessary and pending COVID-19 environment)
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $3,000.00 – $4,000.00 per month
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Public relations: 8 years (Required)
- One location
- Remote interview process