LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,500 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 Billion in annualized wholesale cannabis orders – you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare – and we’re just getting started!
This newly developed role will help transform the way LeafLink manages its presence in the 26 markets that it serves, as well as how it enters new markets. This key role will provide on-the-ground leadership to a multi-state region, responsible for business planning and go-to-market strategy. The role straddles strategy and operations, and will serve as a key member of the sales leadership team.
This role will lead a broad team of multi-functional specialists including Sales, Client Experience, Retail Engagement, and product specialists – all dedicated to your markets. As many of these roles will have dotted line relationships, it’s critical to be comfortable with, and effective, in a matrixed organization. You’ll need to establish a governance structure that hasn’t existed, including meetings and comprehensive reporting packages. . Your efforts will align sales teams, remove channel conflict, facilitate teamwork and collaboration, improve the client experience, and help accelerate growth.
The role requires an analytically minded person who is used to leveraging data to make critical decisions. However, you’ll help write the playbook, rather than inherit one. You’ll be a great addition to the team if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently curious, have a team orientation, and are willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.
- Lead revenue growth strategies for a dedicated multi-state market.
- Serve as a general manager, ensuring that the region meets it’s key targets on revenue, cost, and other key metrics that reflect the health of the business.
- Manage the regional P&L.
- Manage in depth insight on the market’s competitive landscape, including comprehensive SWOT analysis.
- Develop the regional business and go-to-market plan, including demand generation, sales, retention, and account growth, as well as new product/solution launches within the marketplace.
- Oversee engagement on the LeafLink Marketplace, including strategies to penetrate accounts across a series of solutions including LeafLink Financial, LeafLink Logistics, Insights & Marketing Solutions, and production services.
- Serve as the face of LeafLink within the region for key business development, partnerships, and government relations opportunities.
- Review and report market industry trends to Product Management and Business Development.
- Leverage a matrixed organization of sales, client experience, marketing, product, and solution specialists to deliver growth within the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred, with 5+ years of experience
- Preferably you have managed a P&L with a track record of achieving and exceeding your goals.
- You are a team builder with a verifiable track record of building teams that meet/exceed goals and are recognized for their success. Preference to those that can demonstrate this skill in both personal and professional experience.
- You have significant experience in strategic and/or analytical roles, helping executives make data-driven decisions.
- Must be comfortable in the boardroom, helping shape corporate strategy, but equally as comfortable in the market teaming with sales and client experience professionals to close deals and renewals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing.
- An understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry is a strong plus.
- Ability to travel to visit clients and prospects, up to 40% of the time (may be reduced if you live in-market).
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.