Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
FDA Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Full Job Description
Cannabis Compliance Manager
What Does Our Compliance Manager Do?
The Compliance manager ensures the organization complies with all external laws that apply to the cannabis industry.
Your job will entail evaluating company policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with established regulatory standards.
You will conduct studies and read up on journals and other news accounts in order to obtain information on new laws that can impact the industry.
You will develop strategies that see conformance to new regulations.
Your role as the compliance manager will also involve conducting regular audits and reviews to ensure fulfillment of compliance standards.
You will organize seminars to communicate the importance of compliance policies to company employees.
You will also address compliance concerns/issues among company personnel in order to minimize risk of default.
You will develop and implement control systems for dealing with violations of compliance guidelines and policies.
You will review the control system periodically to make necessary adjustments for system development.
Your role will also entail evaluating and revising already existing company procedures and regulations in order to identify and resolve hidden/potential issues in company laws.
You will liaise with the HR department to ensure implementation of disciplinary action in event of compliance violation.
You also prepare and file compliance reports to the appropriate regulatory body.
You will conduct environmental and communications audit to ensure conformance with set standards.
You will assist external and internal auditors during compliance reviews and also conduct forecasts to identify possible compliance risk in future business ventures.
You will also conduct risk assessments to identify and tackle business areas with risk of non-compliance.
Your daily job function will entail:
- Design and implement programs/policies useful in ensuring compliance with government and State legal regulations
- Monitor laws and regulations with possible impact on company business processes
- Prepare and present to company management compliance reports useful in taking key business decisions
- Conduct investigations to identify the root of a compliance issue in order to resolve it
- Provide training to educate company staff on important compliance procedures and policies
- Liaise with the human resource manager to ensure appropriate disciplinary action is taken against compliance violation
- Proffer recommendations to company management on strategies required for improved compliance procedures
- Evaluate analytical procedures to ensure they comply with regulatory standards
- Oversee the installation of surveillance technology required for adequate monitoring of important areas
- Conduct risk assessments on company products and operations in order to identify risks and develop appropriate risk management strategy
- Ensure proper documentation of compliance activities for reference purposes
- Liaise with legal attorneys to address legal compliance issues as needed
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory development and trends which apply to the cannabis industry
- Revise and modify company policies to minimize risk of legal non-compliance issue.
To succeed in this position requires having certain qualities, including analytical, communication, and reporting skills.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- FDA Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction