Who We Are: Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ | NEO: SHWZ) is building a premier, vertically integrated regional cannabis company with assets in Colorado and New Mexico. The parent company of a portfolio of leading cannabis businesses and brands spanning seed to sale, Schwazze is committed to unlocking the full potential of the cannabis plant to improve the human condition. Schwazze is anchored by a high-performance culture that combines customer-centric thinking and data science to test, measure, and drive decisions and outcomes. Schwazze is passionate about making a difference in our communities, promoting diversity and inclusion, and doing our part to incorporate climate-conscious best practices.
For more information, please visit our website: www.schwazze.com
Job title: Business Contract Attorney
Reports to: General Counsel & Chief Government Affairs Officer
Salary Range: $110,000 – $125,000
Location: Denver Corporate Office, no remote available
The Business Contracts Attorney drafts, edits, and reviews business vendor and service provider contracts for the Firm. This individual leads contract negotiation processes, and builds strong collaborative relationships internally and externally to drive strong, time-sensitive results. This individual has strong business acumen in negotiations and applied legal expertise, with emphasis on real estate, technology, purchase, and sale transactions, software licensing, outsourcing and professional services. The Business Contracts Attorney will ensure client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of this position.
In coordination with and oversight from the General Counsel:
- Provides contractual review of all Company contracts including Master Service Agreements, corporate contracts, marketing agreements
- Develop, assess and negotiate contracts on non-disclosure, consulting, service, consignments, terms and conditions and commercial documents for business units in many areas.
- Supports in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, systems and related initiatives, ensuring Schwazze’s adherence to local, state and federal compliance guidelines.
- Works with General Counsel in providing comprehensive legal advice, representation, and oversight on a wide range of legal matters affecting Schwazze and its entities.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required by the needs of the business.
General Requirements and Job Details:
- Must be able to work seated at a computer for up to eight hours per day
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- This position is based out of our Denver, Colorado office
- This is a Monday through Friday, Full-Time, Non-Exempt position with a salary range of $110,000 to $125,000
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school with a rank in the top 33% percent and current admission and member in good standing to Colorado bar required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department or combination with commercial/business client base.
- Strong legal drafting and oral communications skills.
- Excellent professional recommendations.
- Meaningful full-time experience in drafting corporate contracts.
- Proven ability to independently research and analyze issues and provide clear guidance to General Counsel.
- Project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects to closure.
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft® Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in the legal cannabis industry a plus.
Life AD&D insurance
Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
Paid time off Paid holidays
Schwazze is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- law firm or in-house legal: 5 years (Preferred)
- Juris Doctor Degree from accredited law firm (Preferred)
Work Location: One location