$88,161 – $111,111 a year
Full Job Description
Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 23 or higher and eligible for transfer under section 70.1* or 52.6* of the Civil Service Law.
- Admission to the New York State Bar is required for all transfer candidates.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Individuals who have 55b/c eligibility AND Admission to the NYS Bar are encouraged to apply. If applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter.
- Conduct legal research and prepare legal memoranda with opinions and citations and legal precedents in support of Office and Board programs, including the social and economic equity component of the mission.
- Provide legal counsel, advice and strategies in support of the Office and Board.
- Respond to daily requests arising from interaction with OCM business units or as assigned by the Associate Counsel and General Counsel.
- Participate in and assist with the design, development, and implementation of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) and Service-Level Agreements, or other agreements.
- Prepare program bill packages as requested including bill summary, text of legislation and supporting memoranda relating to laws affecting the Office and Board, and evaluate, comment, and make recommendations on legislative proposals in this area by other agencies and the private sector.
- Assist as necessary with preparation and finalization of rules and regulations in support of the Office’s and Board’s business units including processing in accordance with the State Administrative Procedure Act.
- Provide counsel and guidance with respect to adherence to ethical considerations as circumstances may arise and to compliance with obligations to report activities to appropriate databases and authorities.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
- Posted 2 days ago