$175,000 – $225,000 a year
California Bar License (Required)
Full Job Description
About the Firm
Rogoway Law Group is a cannabis industry focused law firm established in 2011 with offices in Santa Rosa, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We’re no newcomer to this space. Rogoway Law fought to bring about cannabis legalization in California, and our commitment to social justice and policy issues remain the guiding force of our Firm’s ethos. Through the skilled representation of each client, we aspire to create a legal landscape in which the cannabis and hemp industries are normalized in a just and sustainable manner. Our core practice areas are regulatory compliance, corporate, transactional, intellectual property, and litigation.
We are seeking a partner track Senior Litigation Attorney to work with our team on a variety of active litigation matters. We’re looking for a self-sufficient and highly experienced colleague who can hit the ground running on a variety of active litigation matters concerning commercial agreements, partnership disputes, and other varied business disputes.
About the Team
Our firm has a very collaborative and friendly culture which promotes a strong sense of “Team.” We value and respect the strengths and differences among our team members, clients, and communities. The Firm has long embraced the principles of equal employment opportunity, and we continue to be committed in promoting inclusion and diversity as they are integral components of our continuing quest for excellence as individual attorneys and as a firm.
Our team comprises of amazing individuals from all backgrounds, our work is in a fascinating industry, we provide meaningful pro bono work opportunities, and we offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package. This is all while promoting a strong work-life balance amongst the team. The firm also plans on maintaining a flexible remote work policy post-pandemic. Since the founding of the Firm 10 years ago, we have been fully committed to do good through expert lawyering. We look forward to having you joining our team and in fulfilling that mission together!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare demand letters, pleadings, discovery, motions, correspondence, and related documents
- Appear regularly in court proceedings
- Take and defend depositions
- Manage relationships with clients, court personnels, colleagues, and opposing counsels
- Counsel clients on their matters with issues related to strategy, cost, and likelihood of prevailing
- Develop and maintain understanding of state and local cannabis laws
- Fight hard for our clients
- Active Member of the California State Bar
- Minimum of 10+ Years Prior Experience in Litigation
- Self-Starter with the Ability to Multi-Task
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Results-oriented team player
- Finely tuned analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyze a multitude of documents including pleadings, client communications, and a variety of legal documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior Big Law or In-House Experience Preferred But Not Required
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment. While each attorney has their own areas of focus, we work cross-functionally across all disciplines of the firm
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access), Gmail, MacOS, One Legal, Rapid Legal, LawToolBox; ability to learn Case Management and Document Management systems.
Highlights of Benefit Package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Pay
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule
- Panelist and Speaking Opportunities at Industry Events
Please email your resume, a writing sample, and cover letter with salary requirements.
Rogoway Law Group is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. The Firm is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please reach out to our HR department.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 – $225,000.00 per year
Our offices have been temporarily closed due to covid-19, and the entire team has been working remotely with necessary supplies and equipments all provided by the Firm.
- California Bar License (Required)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place