The Sr. Regulatory Counsel of Columbia Care (the “Company”) will be responsible for helping the Company’s leadersnavigate the complex and ever-changing cannabis regulatory framework and for playing a key role in helping theCompany to achieve its business goals and objectives while minimizing legal risk. Working well as a collaborative teammember is imperative to success in the role, as is the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment where systems and processes are still being developed and maturing.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Maintaining familiarity with current and proposed laws, regulations and case guidance involving the company’s business and reviewing and interpreting proposed laws, regulations, and legislation; proactively identifying potential impacts to the Company’s operations.
- Conducting regulatory research and advising the Company on regulatory requirements and legal risks relating to existing and proposed business
- Helping the Company to achieve business strategies and results through legal advice that reflects an advanced ability to understand and evaluate legal and regulatory matters in the context of business
- Assisting with license application reviews and renewals to ensure compliance with applicable laws and
- Commenting on proposed regulations affecting the operation of licensed facilities.
- Assisting with marketing reviews, including reviews of proposed products as well as packaging and labeling.
- Assisting in risk assessments and opportunities for
- Maintaining and developing regulatory educational tools and providing internal training as
- Policy and standard operating procedures drafting and
- Managing multiple projects effectively and efficiently, with a team-oriented
- Supervising outside counsels and vendors in a variety of corporate
- Working directly with all Company departments to deliver timely and responsive legal services.
- Performing other duties as required and/or
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of
- D. with excellent credentials; Admission to the bar in one of the states in which the Company operates.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant regulatory legal experience at a law firm or in-house (cannabis, biotech, or pharma company preferred).
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating to other members of the Legal team, when
- Outstanding writing, research, interpersonal, and presentation
About Columbia Care:
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of medical and adult use cannabis products and related services with licenses in 18 US jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently operates 107 facilities1 including 80 dispensaries and 27 cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the United States, and continues to deliver an industry-leading, patient-centered medicinal cannabis operation that has quickly expanded into the adult use market as a premier operator. The company currently offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. With more than four million sales transactions since its inception in 2012, Columbia Care is known for setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly expanding cannabis industry. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.