High 12 Brands creates exceptional brand experiences for the Canadian adult-use cannabis market. H12 engages leading supply chain partners to bring our products into the hands of consumers, and drives consumer demand by executing compelling sales and marketing campaigns.
Currently, our Kingsway brand is sold at cannabis retailers across Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario with additional provinces coming online soon. We anticipate launching our Daize vape pens into these markets shortly as well.
Our passionate team of industry-leading professionals works in symphony with our retail partners. We align our own success metrics to theirs. By committing to exceptional and outstanding retail partners, our relationships go far beyond transactions, maximizing value for every stakeholder. We are currently seeking a Senior Writer, reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, to own the content department and content planning for the entire organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as the sole writer for the company. You will write across multiple brands and products in the Canadian and European markets, while engaging with cannabis thought leaders. You’re comfortable bouncing between short copy (social, email marketing, trade copy) and long form copy (technical writing, blog posts and articles). You will write disruptive content pieces that expand our current reach and solidify our company ethos of creating community driven brands.
- Track trends relating to the industry, product, and social media. You will use metrics and statistics about the target customers’ demographics and preferences to write content pieces that inform, educate and raise brand awareness.
- Work closely with the Creative and Digital teams. Working collaboratively with the broader team, you will provide expertise on content strategies for the organization.
- Communicate authentically. You have a deep understanding of online platforms and have the ability to adapt strategy and tone to channel. You understand how to communicate as a brand while still seeming authentic.
- You’re a self starter that loves working with a team. You have great content writing ideas and a bias for action and aren’t afraid to be scrappy and resourceful. While you’re comfortable hitting the ground running and working independently, you always keep a collaborative, team-first mentality.
- You’re a strong communicator who loves to write. You’re great with words and enjoy writing for general brand communications purposes. You understand what makes engaging content and have the ability to write effectively in brand voice across multiple brands. You are empathetic with a strong ability to connect with communities and stakeholders (influencers, moderators, and power users).
- Strong interest in the Cannabis industry
- Experience with technical writing (SEO, Proper Blog Structure)
- Lifestyle Content Experience
WHY WORK WITH US
Our goal is to build recognizable and successful global cannabis brands. We are creative, we are collaborative, and we are hyper-focused on delivering products that are beloved by cannabis consumers. We offer a competitive salary of $70-75K and access to group health & dental benefits. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
Please submit your relevant writing experience, resume with content samples and a brief intro about yourself.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our current opportunities but will only be in contact with those we feel meet our hiring needs at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19