Tax Senior Manager
About the Company:
We are the fastest growing CPA firm focused on the cannabis industry in the United States. We’re bootstrapped and profitable, have amassed over 300 clients in under two years, and have an annual compound growth rate of 125%. Unlike most CPA firms that are bound by geolocation, our clients are remote and spread throughout all legalized states: the market we serve is limited only by the laws restricting marijuana legalization.
Cannabis is one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries in the United States, exceeding $13B in sales in 2019 and projected to surpass $30B by 2025. GreenGrowth CPAs has positioned itself as the leading expert in tax, financial, and audit services for cannabis companies. We’ve done this by hiring smart people who reflect our values and leveraging their deep and varied experience to provide best-in class services to our clients, all while continuously growing and learning in tandem with the industry.
Given our rapid growth, GreenGrowth’s Tax team is now looking to hire a capable and determined CPA specializing in tax, audit and compliance needs facing our clients. As a member of our team, you will be an integral part of the growing company. The right person for this role has technical knowledge, is able to coordinate the communication between several clients, and has a strong work ethic. If you are someone who likes to be challenged, work autonomously while still working in a team environment, research and solve problems, and drive projects to completion, then this opportunity is for you. This is a ground floor opportunity to join a leading player in an industry that is positioned for massive growth in the coming years.
Role Responsibilities and Expectations:
Provide exceptional advice and services to a portfolio of 400+ clients throughout the year, including:
- Preparation of tax returns for clients ranging in size from $500K to $4M in revenue, including but not limited to preparing Forms 1040, 1120S, 1120, and 1065
- Assisting clients with general tax, marketing and branding opportunities
- Assisting clients to apply for local cannabis licenses
- Ensuring compliance with local and state cannabis regulations and tax codes respectively
- Providing technical tax reviews and approval of tax returns
Assisting Audit Partner with annual audit engagements
- Assisting with assurance engagements
- Act as a trusted thought partner to clients, and a liaison between our clients and the internal company throughout the year. Achieve 90% “high” client satisfaction ratings and client retention year over year.
- Keep up to date with and research local city municipality cannabis ordinances as required.
- Comply with required CPE obligations each year.
- Assist the Marketing team to generate ideas and create new content on an as needed basis.
· Actively create yourself and your brand, and market campaigns that connect within the cannabis industry and showcase your skills/talents
· Ability to control your complete creative freedom into a productive and engaging experience for our audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Tax.
- At least five years of public accounting experience working in Tax and Accounting at the level of Senior Associate or Manager.
- Working knowledge of US income tax and related tax forms, particularly tax preparation of Forms 1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065, etc., and a desire to learn more about taxes and compliance facing the cannabis industry.
- Strong knowledge of AICPA auditing standards, audit methodology, and US GAAP.
- Previous and continuous work experience with UltraTax.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and tight timelines.
The GreenGrowth CPAs team is composed of perpetual learners, constant collaborators, and driven owners. We’re a CPA firm gone modern: we are mostly remote and espouse people-first principles that aim to provide an amazing employee experience and dynamic company culture. We’re small, so our employees have an immediate and measurable impact on the company’s direction, operations, and our clients’ businesses. The way we work is infused with a high level of trust and autonomy: we hire folks who take initiative and let them run with their ideas.
We’re excited about people who are missionary, values-driven, and interested in this dynamic and growing industry we’re serving. If being a part of this phenomenal opportunity to work in cannabis finance interests you, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Tax Experience: 5 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Enrolled Agent (Preferred)
- Fully Remote