Vicente Sederberg is the Marijuana Law Firm – Shaping the Laws, Connecting the Players, and Building an Industry. The attorneys specialize in marijuana law and policy development, and share expertise with all stakeholders in this new, ever-changing regulatory environment. They advise businesses in new opportunities, state applications, licenses, corporate formation & restructuring, employment contracts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial real estate, dispute resolution, with a specialization in compliance. For businesses and individuals, they offer criminal, civil, and administrative representation. The firm serves local, state, federal, and foreign governments in drafting legislation and regulations.
The Denver office of Vicente Sederberg is hiring for a Technical Writer to join the highly successful and passionate drafting National Licensing team. This position will be an integral member of the team and will provide persuasive content, creative writing, editing, and revisions to a variety of our client’s cannabis business applications.
Vicente Sederberg offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance coverages 100% paid for by Vicente Sederberg for all of our full-time employees. We also offer a 401k with a 4% company match, paid time off, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and an employee equity incentive plan! We cultivate a work environment that is collaborative, fun, challenging, and rewarding.
Responsibilities of our Technical Writer & Regulatory Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Generate persuasive written content and creative, technical narratives for cannabis business applications.
- Help manage a library of cannabis business narrative documentation.
- Develop and edit business plans and standard operating procedures for cannabis businesses.
- Understanding cannabis regulations and adapting or creating documents that comply with regulations.
- Develop and manage business license application packages, including all narratives, disclosures, and supplementary documents for licenses and permits.
- Create and maintain detailed work plans outlining the client’s project.
- Stay current with the state-wide regulations of medical and adult-use marijuana, noting the differences between various licensing authorities, staying abreast of the changing regulations, managing deadlines, and representing clients and the industry in the most professional manner, particularly in challenging situations and jurisdictions.
- Maintain documentation standards and keep abreast of current information by associating with professional individuals, groups, and events or by reviewing professional publications, newsletters, emails, and websites.
- Serve as a Project Manager as needed for specific client(s) and client projects.
- Coordinate with attorney and other team members to meet all deadlines and ensure client is kept up to date on new and upcoming deadlines.
- Work with assigned attorney to keep clients informed of changing regulatory guidance that will impact their licensure.
- Escalate all legal questions and issues to assigned attorney.
- Work with applicable team members to manage workflow and meet deadlines, maintain department efficiency, and help provide deliverables to the client.
- Prepare client files with relevant documents prior to calls/meetings.
- Prepare, review, format, and edit a variety of documents.
- Occasional legal research using Westlaw and cite-checking.
- 2-4 years of technical writing experience, preferably in journalism, grant writing, or a legal field, including exceptional grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to research and understand legal requirements, operational procedures, and industry-best-practices.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with clients, the public, and individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Exceptional organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Accountable self-starter who can take constructive criticism and implement it in all assignments moving forward.
- Working knowledge of regulated cannabis industry.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and re-prioritize quickly and efficiently in a deadline-focused work environment where schedules change regularly.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as deadlines may require.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe suite.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies a plus.
- Experience with preparing and responding to government RFPs a plus.
- Experience writing business plans a plus.
Qualified applicants, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be considered.
Vicente Sederberg is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Remote until further notice.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- technical writing: 2 years (Preferred)