Cannabis Health is the UK’s only independent title covering the CBD and medical cannabis sectors from every angle.
We bring together patients, consumers, clinicians and healthcare professionals, with an aim to challenge mainstream misconceptions, increase understanding and improve access to cannabis-related medical and wellbeing products.
Published four times a year, Cannabis Health in print is a glossy, public-facing magazine featuring real-life patient stories, the latest research and clinical insights, alongside inspirational lifestyle and wellness content.
Cannabis Health online has a highly engaged and targeted global audience and social following. Our journalists produce quality content daily, including real stories on people who have transformed their lives, overcome debilitating symptoms and taken control of conditions through cannabis medicines.
We also report on the very latest science and research breakthroughs which shed new light on our symbiotic relationship with cannabis.
Crucially, we aim to hold to account the decision-makers with the power to liberate access to UK medicinal cannabis; challenging misinformation and separating fact from fiction.
Having successfully established Cannabis Health as the UK’s most credible public-leaning cannabis title, this year we launched our sister title Cannabis Wealth to enhance our B2B coverage. This new platform covers cannabis entrepreneurialism, investment and business news in Europe and further afield.
This year our focus is on:
- Growing the audience of Cannabis Health, both in print and online, through the publication of high-quality journalism
- Boosting engagement among our social media communities by taking advantage of new tools and creating multimedia content for our followers
- Being recognised as thought-leaders in this growing field, hosting live events, webinars and podcasts which start conversations and create a space for people to share their stories
- Developing our portfolio of titles in the cannabis and psychedelics space
As Cannabis Health continues to grow as a trusted, highly-respected resource in this field we are looking for an NCTJ-accredited reporter seeking their first or second job in journalism. This is a full-time role comprising news and features writing, as well as some social media content creation and management.
Duties of the roles include:
- Using your journalism skills to find and pitch daily stories to our editor
- Interviewing a range of sources, from patients to healthcare professionals, researchers and politicians
- Writing news and features to tight deadlines
- SEO optimisation
- Utilising social media to help grow our audience and share content
- Liaising with advertisers when necessary to produce collaborative content
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas – when it is safe to do so!
- Some experience in journalism
- Adaptable – one day you might be interviewing a family hit by tragedy or a vulnerable patient, the next you could be writing about the complexities of cannabis legislation
- Skilled in writing both hard news and creative features, with an ability to handle human interest stories sensitively
- Able to show initiative – your ‘beat’ will be global in scale but will cover a number of specific topics
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of SEO
- Experience using a range social media platforms to their full potential
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of basic IT software
- Confident working independently but able to get on in a small team
- Hard working and determined (we might be a small team, but we have big ambitions)
- NCTJ qualifications are preferred, as well as an understanding of media law and ethics
- In-depth knowledge of medical cannabis is not essential, some training will be provided if you are successful in your application, however you must demonstrate a desire to learn and some enthusiasm about the subject is essential
Remote working options are available, but we are ideally looking for a candidate who is locally based near our office in Newcastle upon Tyne.