Alphagreen is the leading platform for CBD and alternative healthcare products. Alphagreen is the result of a love for health and wellbeing merged with a passion for technology and innovation. On top of being a marketplace, Alphagreen is providing tech-enabled services to brands to help them with their growth.
One of the services Alphagreen is providing for leading brands globally is around Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). The team creates on average 70+ articles per month across different blogs for the business and brands. Being a top-ranked domain means impressions in the millions with many articles read by several thousand visitors daily.
The primary focus of this role is to edit content for our website, blog, and accompanying marketing activities, such as newsletters. We are looking for an editor who understands content that stands out, can generate leads, attract customers, and help reach the #1 spot on Google, with a special focus on e-commerce and product information.
- Dedicated SEO-keyword research for content planning.
- Content planning: come up with catchy titles and content pitches
- Deal with the administration of work
- Organise and researching projects to tight deadlines
- Know the ins and outs of our brands and products in order to fact-check and edit texts in the appropriate tone of voice and in adherence with regulatory bodies such as the MHRA
This is an exciting opportunity at a well-funded and fast-growing company in the rapidly growing CBD and medical cannabis market.
We’re looking for a hardworking and resourceful team player with a positive can-do attitude who is excited to work with a lean, dynamic group in a fast-paced environment.
- Most of all, we are looking for enthusiasm for journalism and a genuine interest in our core subjects of wellness, CBD, health and overall lifestyle
- Strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to style guides.
- Obsessed with quality, speed-to-market and passionate for innovation
- Highly motivated self-starter who loves a good challenge
- A sense of urgency and strong time management
- You can write in different tones and styles, based on brand personality and media
- 1-2+ years of professional writing and editing experience.
- Native-level fluency in English (proficiency in another language is always great)
These are not requirements for the role but are a plus:
- Experience in the CBD/Cannabis industry; strong knowledge of CBD/Cannabis
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced studies in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or a similar field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SEO and good blogging practice
- Having worked or interned at a fast-growing start-up
- Tech-savvy – experience using GSuite, Trello, CRM systems, Klaviyo, etc.
Negotiable based on experience
Contract length: 6-12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £800.00-£1,200.00 per month
- Bonus scheme
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home