Adjunct Instructor – Cannabis and the Law – OLI0000751
Duties and Responsibilities
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – CANNABIS AND THE LAWOLIVE-HARVEY COLLEGEOlive-Harvey College is looking for an adjunct instructor to teach, “Cannabis and the Law”. This course will discuss current policy parameters, legal responsibilities and ethical issues of the medical cannabis industry. Students will acquire an understanding of the law of dispensary operations and its alignment with state and federal laws that regulate cannabis distribution to clients. The Cannabis Dispensary certificate prepares students to work in a licensed cannabis dispensary. This program is a 11-credit basic certificate program aligned to the Supply Chain Management/Transportation, Distribution program. Students will acquire skills to interact with and educate cannabis clients in a regulated environment and the foundational knowledge to pursue additional careers in the cannabis industry.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students.
- Revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials
- Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Post syllabi and grades on Blackboard.
- Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of Illinois cannabis laws and regulations
- At least 1 year of work experience in the cannabis industry
- Awareness of dispensary operations and cultivation processing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skillsAll interested candidates, including City Colleges of Chicago employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be provided at the time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
: Olive-Harvey College
Employee Type: Part Time | Regular
Union Code: N/A
: Feb 13, 2020, 7:25:46 PM