Wana Brands is a nationally leading infused products manufacturer with operations in nine states and Canada, and growing. Wana is passionate about giving back to our community and is currently looking for a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Director to join our team who will be responsible for aligning Wana’s social and environmental initiatives with its business purpose and values. This position will develop and implement Wana’s CSR policy and goals, solidify and manage processes related to CSR including creating strategic investment and non-profit partnering opportunities with local and out-of-state partners, manage employee engagement in CSR, and build relationships and content for social justice and sustainability initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create & Coordinate local community engagement opportunities
- Engage with out of state partners to extend Wana’s CSR initiatives to other markets
- Identify new local and out of state partners including organizations, licensing partners, and customers
- Manage content for the cannabisforjustice.com website including identifying and working with Subject Matter Experts to build content
- Research and build relationships with potential non-profit partners in local and out of state markets; make recommendations to exec team on partnership priorities
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests and make recommendations to exec team on Wana’s sustainability efforts
- Manage the CSR budget
- Maintain current CSR stats on budget, results and impact
- Manage Kyndhub
- Participate in the Wana’s Culture & Wellness committee and provide leadership on CSR related activities
- Collaborate on Wana Lunch & Learns
- Create monthly Wana newsletter highlighting employees and employee information
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and communicate Wana’s CSR message to media, partners, and consumers
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources, including creating, conducting and presenting information from surveys of employees and community members
- Knowledge of CSR practices including budget development and monitoring
- Strong written skills
- Strong oral communication skills including ability to represent Wana in media interviews and conferences
- Ability to engage and inspire out of state and dispensary partners to participate in Wana-led initiatives
- Ability to vet potential non-profit partners for fit and stability
- Provide internal leadership on CSR issues by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
This job operates in a professional office environment and a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Employee will need transportation to events, volunteer opportunities and offsite meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to carry up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position works full-time (40 hours per week) business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. Weekends and nights may be required for business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous Non-Profit experience and/or corporate CSR experience
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry
- Corporate Social Responsibility Certificate from Accredited University
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership or related field
- Ability to obtain a MED support badge if needed.
Wana Brands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wana Brands complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company