Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
The M&A Lawyer is responsible for facilitating Merger & Acquisition (M&A) transactions, drafting and negotiating Columbia Care’s commercial contracts, leading complex corporate and commercial deals and managing Columbia Care’s other corporate matters, including real estate, IP and corporate governance.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements, including licensing agreements, vendor contracts, consulting contracts, real estate leases, NDAs, and more.
- Lead and/or support Columbia Care’s corporate and commercial development activities, including equity and debt financings, M&A, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.
- Assist in all other aspects of Columbia Care’s corporate work, including corporate governance, IP, employment, internal policy and controls, privacy, and data protection.
- Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently, with a team-oriented approach.
- Supervise outside counsels and vendors in a variety of corporate projects.
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on various legal matters.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- J.D. with excellent credentials; Admission to the bar (MA preferred).
- 4-5 years of relevant corporate, M&A and commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house (biotech/pharma company preferred).
- Expertise in M&A, commercial contracting and leading corporate deals.
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating to the team when necessary.
- Outstanding writing, research, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to review and draft legal documents.
- Excellent negotiating skills on both financial/commercial and legal issues.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
- Agility to work cross functionally to implement legal strategy and solutions.
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others.
Travel %: 10-20
About Columbia Care:
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of medical and adult use cannabis products and related services with licenses in 18 US jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently operates 99 facilities including 76 dispensaries and 23 cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the United States, and continues to deliver an industry-leading, patient-centered medicinal cannabis operation that has quickly expanded into the adult use market as a premier operator. The company currently offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Amber and Platinum Label CBD. With more than four million sales transactions since its inception in 2012, Columbia Care is known for setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly expanding cannabis industry.
Additional Abilities Required:
- This job operates in an office setting and is largely sedentary, requiring the routine use of a computer and other standard office equipment. The ability to lift or move up to 5 pounds, bend, reach, and perform manual tasks may also be required.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.