USA: Sr. Editor, Food- job post Industry Dive – Washington, DC
The Food Dive Senior Editor will regularly report and write stories that lead our coverage of the food and beverage industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze emerging trends. You will assist in planning and executing big projects, travel to industry events, interview newsmakers, cultivate relationships with key industry sources and experts, chase down important stories and collaborate with your team on developing and editing the most impactful news for the industry. The position reports to the managing editor.
- A proven track record of reporting, writing and editing on the business of food and beverages.
- Ability to deftly edit short briefs and long-form features for a daily newsletter and one weekly Ingredients newsletter, as well as edit breaking news stories for the website.
- Ability to write subject lines and headlines that boost opens and clicks.
- Knowledge of issues and trends that impact a national audience of food industry leaders, including, but not limited to M&A, the growth of plant-based and alternative protein, decline of traditional dairy, shifting consumer habits, changes to business practices, food policy, cannabis regulation and sustainability.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing trends, data and issues for food leaders.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 7+ years, including at least 5 years of food coverage. B-to-B publishing experience a plus.
- Experience covering financial topics including bankruptcy, mergers and acquisitions and company earnings is a bonus; interest in these topics is a must.
- Experience with business writing.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Working knowledge of basic SEO.
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring tools.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 22 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers deliver insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Post in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2017, 2016 and 2015.