- Not provided by employer
- $106K – $135K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Chicago, IL.
Verano Holdings Corp. (“Verano”) is a national, vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities.
The Vice President, AGC – Labor and Employment will be responsible for providing employment related counsel across the organization. The role will interface with HR, guide external counsel, oversee EEOC charges and responses, represent Verano on corporate transactions, and will provide strategic advice and representation with respect to unions across multiple states in a wide range of matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with unions, negotiate collective bargaining agreements, and provide union management and training oversight
- Oversee, retain, and direct external counsel, review and approve case filings, manage case budgets and invoicing, and provide strategic guidance and settlement authority to outside counsel
- Provide employment counsel on reorganizations, reductions, disability accommodations, leaves of absence, performance improvement, internal investigations, discipline, and terminations
- Manage employment litigation and employment-related due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions
- Draft employment and consulting agreements
- Prepare position statements in response to EEOC and labor charges
- Implement and uphold company-wide employment and compliance policies
- Partner with external counsel to provide guidance on case filings and other strategic matters
- Provide legal guidance and training on employment and labor issues to HR and management
- 7+ years’ experience in labor and employment law required
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois
- Union, non-union, and EEOC experience required
- AmLaw100 experience and/or in-house experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, research, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Expert project management skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability with the potential to become a trusted advisor to our business partners
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- 5+ years working for a publicly traded company
- Cannabis industry experience
- AmLaw100 experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Verano is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity, and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets, and our communities.
- Posted Today