$225,000 a year
- Define and develop an optimal capital structure through a comprehensive and actively managed financing strategy.
- Lead fund raising efforts in capital markets through either debt or equity finance, maintain relationships with lenders and investors, credit analysts and credit rating agencies. This includes arranging, negotiating, renewing, and maintaining credit facilities and other key sources of capital to create viable and accessible financing sources.
- Manage Treasury risks including interest rate, duration, foreign exchange, etc.
- Minimizing overall weighted average cost of capital
- Liaise across the organization to forecast cash requirements of the organization and manage short and long term liquidity requirements
- Manage Insurance risks and the overall insurance program with the companys broker
- Work with the CEO/CFO and other key stakeholders (Chairman, IR, Bus Dev) to secure the confidence and support of investors and lenders.
- Manage collateral, funding and securitization of company assets.
- Liaise with banks and other capital providers to ensure that Company maintains continuous and flexible access to capital as needed to achieve its objectives.
- Manage the treasury shares, company equity and stock plans and assure compliance of all regulations in response to changing securities laws. Administer the Company Equity / Stock Plans by maintaining and reconciling controls. Responsible for the issuance of all Company shares and payment of dividends as declared by the Board.
- Monitor treasury metrics (except accounting) to ensure Company is always fully compliant with terms and covenants.
- Work with the CFO and other senior leaders to identify, assess and manage enterprise risks.
- Participate in MA activities as required.
- Reporting quarterly and annual reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board on Treasury-related activities.
- Work with the CFO to develop an annual budget for the Treasury function.
- Collaborate with Executive team to set and implement the companys strategic plan.
- Further build out the treasury function including, if required, the recruitment and development of a small team.
- Build strong relationships with relevant board members, executive team members and senior leaders in the business as necessary.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors degree required. One or more of the following is preferred; MBA Finance, CA, CFA or equivalent.
- 15+ years of relevant finance and treasury experience.
- Cannabis experience preferred given the unique nature of the capital markets and banking requirements/restrictions in the industry.
- Experience with financing arrangements, capital markets, and financial risk management strategies.
- Experience directly or indirectly managing insurance and risk programs
- Previous experience at a similar sized organization preferred.
- Experience as the lead Treasurer in an organization strongly preferred.
- Experience of successfully raising capital in challenging conditions preferred.
- An ability to marry a deep understanding of capital markets and related communities with an in-depth understanding of the companys business and operations to formulate a compelling financing strategy.
- A willingness and ability to take full ownership of (and accountability) for all facets of Treasury to create meaningful, risk-adjusted returns for Company.
- Track record of building strong relationships with banking and lending partners.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and innovative in ensuring liquidity, in changing market environments.
- Proven ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Investor Relations experience would be a bonus but is not a requirement.
- Credible and reliable professional with demonstrated ability to present sound recommendations supported by solid business cases.
- Collaborative capable of building relationships and adding value for quality of advice.
- High level of ethics, values, and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Compensation: $225,000 plus bonus and options
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100