If you want to participate in one online learning / information webinar about the Australian regulated cannabis market in 2020 we’d suggest to you that this is the one. We will admit that as participants we are biased but it’s also got all the key players in terms of knowledge about the law(s) in Australia concerning regulated Cannabis, hemp & CBD.
THE PRICE –
THE DATE –
Thursday 11 June 2020
THE RATING –
THE BLURB –
Back by popular demand, you don’t want to miss the second annual cannabis legal issues update. With the medicinal cannabis sector continuing to grow at a rapid rate this is the perfect time to get in on the ground floor so you don’t miss your chance in this growing field of law. Hear about the latest legislative developments including the outcomes of the Senate inquiry into patient access to medicinal cannabis.
Attend and earn 4 CPD units in Substantive Law
Chair: Mick Palmer AO APM, Consultant, Former Commissioner of Police, Australian Federal Police
9.00am to 9.35am: Outcomes of the Senate Inquiry into Patient Access to Medicinal Cannabis
- Terms of reference
- Content of public submissions
- Public hearing on the Inquiry: What did stakeholders have to say?
- Senate Inquiry Report
- What will happen next?
Presented by Dr Teresa Nicoletti, Partner, Mills Oakley
9.40am to 11.10am: Medicinal Cannabis Patient Update in 2020
- How many people are getting access to medical cannabis in Australia, and for what conditions?
- How much are people paying for cannabis medicines, and what kinds of products are they being prescribed?
- What are the key drivers of and barriers to patient access in Australia?
Presented by Rhys Cohen, Principal Consultant, FreshLeaf Analytics
11.15am to 11.45am: Cannabis: The Australian Situation in a Global Context
- Australia’s obligations as a signatory to UN Conventions
- The subsequent local instance, including export
- How that situates Australia in comparison to the rest of the world
Presented by Sean Hocking, Head of News, Co-founder, Cannabis Law Report and Cameron McDonald-Stuart, CEO, Axtar
11.45am to 1.55am: Break
11.55am to 12.25pm: Legal Issues Emerging in the Courts
Examine critical issues that are appearing before the courts, including:
- Changing perspective of courts regarding cannabis use for pain relief
- Criminal issues suppliers need to be aware of
- Tension between an inadequate licit scheme and illicit sources
- Updated criminal defences, including duress
- Doctors successfully using the defence of medical necessity
- Liability: use as medication for children and the associated child protection issues
- Evolving defences for drug-driving on medicinal cannabis
- Drug- driving offences: case law update
Presented by Greg Barns, Barrister, Salamanca Chambers
12.30pm to 1.00pm: Legal Issues for Cannabis Businesses
- How to navigate the complex regulatory environment
- Unique issues in this industry
- Suitable persons, directors and staff
- IP in the medicinal cannabis space
Presented by Julian Grover, Special Counsel, Mills Oakley
1.05pm to 1.35pm: Cannabis Insurance Issues
- Potential pitfalls for medical professionals around TGA approval processes
- Telehealth and access
- Emerging scientific data: limitations and challenges
- Growth opportunity (e.g. for Authorised Prescribers) vs affordability
Presented by Nicole Kroesche, Manager, Health Care Claims and Luke Wakefield, Senior Claims Consultant, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
THE LINK –