Extract from, “The Tasty Future of Cannabis Edibles” Arcview Market Research & BDS Analytics, 2018
And when you consider that the investments made so far by these beverage companies, touches primarily the beverages sub category, then you start to get a sense of the magnitude of the overall edibles market.
In Colorado, for example, edibles outpaced the overall cannabis growth rate, increasing at a compound annual growth rate of 35% between 2014 and 2018.
Flower sales by comparison, lagged at 17% CAGR, over the same period.
The trends we see in Colorado are not unique. Consumers in other U.S. states are also purchasing products higher up in the value chain, notably concentrates and edibles.
All this to say, the edibles niche represents a vast opportunity for companies and investors, interested in the edibles market.
If you are interested in digging deeper into this niche, either as –
an investor, wanting to know more about edibles or to validate due diligence information, or
as a cannabis company, determining what markets to enter, product range and other critical requirements,
then you will find, “The Tasty Future of Cannabis Edibles,” a new sector research report compiled by Arcview and BDS Analytics, essential reading.
The report provides you with:
- Expert analysis based on actual cannabis retail sales data, including how the edibles market is likely to evolve over the coming years.
- A breakdown of market dynamics, comparing medical and adult use edibles where legal, in the key U.S. states of Colorado, California, Washington, Oregon, and Arizona.
- Forecasts for the California edibles market – the most significant legal cannabis market in the U.S. and globally.
- Commentary on why certain edibles are better suited to particular markets.
- Details of extraction methods and how this impacts the speed of production, cost, and product quality.
- Edible pricing trends, showing specific consumable categories increasing by as much as 28% between 2014 and 2018.
- A discussion of how branding impacts revenue and market share and the names and locations of the notable edible brands.
- An evaluation of the relationship between regulation, branding and packaging and the cost impact.
- An explanation of packaging regulations in the U.S. and Canada, particularly regarding child proofing.