Restless sleep has become so commonplace today. Well, it isn’t that surprising given our fast-paced and challenging world. People go through stress and anxiety regularly, and they end up staying awake at night.
Studies reveal that one out of four people in the US suffers from a sleeping disorder. Many people around the globe are dependent on prescribed medicines for good sleep. However, cannabis has proved to be more effective for people with disturbed sleep and insomnia.
CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) have grabbed eyeballs due to their magical benefits. Both have proven effective for alleviating sleep deprivation issues, anxiety, insomnia, and many more.
So are these forms of cannabis safe to consume for eight hours of shut-eye? Let us get a better understanding of this drug derived from the hemp plant.
What is Delta-8?
Delta-8 is a type of THC and has psychoactive compounds slightly different from CBD. Its properties and effect on medical conditions contrast CBD and its products quite a bit.
When people discuss THC, they usually refer to Delta-9, which is the most popular THC form. Delta-8 is found in much smaller quantities and reacts differently from how Delta-9 does. Many first-time users experience the calming and relaxing effect of Delta-8.
Delta-8 is derived from industrial hemp and is legal in only a few countries. Delta-8 products, though new to the market, have rapidly become everyone’s favorite. So, does Delta-8 work and make you sleep within seconds? Let us understand more about the nature and effects of this cannabinoid.
Is Delta-8 Recommended for Good Sleep?
Delta-8 has been proven to work wonders on people who have trouble sleeping at night. Delta-8 effectively works with our brain and nervous system and hence has more profound effects on sleep. It helps calm the body and brings a remarkable change in one’s sleep cycle.
According to research, Delta-8 proved to have fewer psychotropic effects as compared to Delta-9 THC. Though it may give you the buzz feeling of standard cannabis, it creates a sense of calmness in the body.
Delta-8 usually helps in calming down your breath, heart rate, and anxiety. Thus, it could be a godsend solution for relieving you from sleepless and disturbed nights.
What are the Benefits of Delta-8?
The state of high Delta-8 gives people a sense of calm and is less intense for the users. According to the National Cancer Institute, Delta-8 THC can bind to the CB1 receptor in our body. These receptors form a part of our endocannabinoid system, which helps our body regulate and maintain homeostasis (complete balance).
Let’s look at a few of the benefits that you may get by consuming Delta-8:
- Sleep-Inducing: Delta-8 and its products have proven to be effective in inducing sleep among people. Due to its pain-relieving properties, a person consuming Delta-8 will experience seamless sleep without any discomfort.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Delta-8 works magically in bringing down stress levels in our bodies. Since it regulates the CB1 receptors, it calms down our nerves and gives a sense of relief. Lack of stress and anxiety will ultimately help you have a sound sleep.
- No Feeling of Nausea: Delta-8 THC can be used to keep nausea and vomiting in control. It helps to eliminate nausea you might experience because of other medical conditions.
What are the Best Delta-8 THC Products for Sleep?
Now that we are familiar with Delta-8 and its benefits, let us look into some of the best sleep-inducing products that it offers:
These products help us to experience cannabidiol’s benefits in the fastest way. If you are excited to use Delta-8, then try out its vapes. The effects become visible within minutes of inhalation and wear off after two hours.
Vapes have excellent properties for sleep, and you might get the most peaceful slumber of your life once you use them.
Gummies give the most long-lasting benefits for sleep, as reviewed by many. Its effect lasts up to 8 hours in the body and provides a sense of relief from pain. Though the impact of the gummies may take some time to kick in, the result is quite remarkable.
Delta-8 THC gummies come in two normal dosage levels, 10mg low and 25mg medium to high dose. Hence, consult a doctor or specialist before you pop in those gummies.
What is the Ideal Way of Consuming Delta-8 for Sleep?
First things first, always consult a medical specialist before consuming these hemps. Below are few tips you can follow if you are a first-time user of this cannabidiol:
- Keep track of the dosage: Always check the quantity when you consume the dose, preferably around bedtime.
- Choose from the best products: Since Delta-8 is available in various products, choose the one that will offer you your desired result.
- Go slow: Always start your consumption with a lower dose so that you can get the maximum impact out of the lowest quantity.
- Take the help of a professional: At times, the Delta-8 may have few side effects that, though not serious, can be concerning. Consult a doctor before you continue with any further doses.
Delta-8 may be the answer to your unheard prayers, but one should be conscious while consuming them. Since researchers have recently discovered an array of therapeutic benefits, Delta-8 is here to stay.
If you are interested in trying one of these, always remember to start slow and stick to a low dosage for long-term benefits.