Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance Liaison will be reporting to the General Manager and will be responsible for implementing and managing documents within the Quality Management System (QMS). The candidate will manage the QMS while creating and revising controlled documents such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs) for the Operations department to ensure compliance with regulations and company standards.
- Oversee the Quality Management System of the site
- Support all departments in timely completion of pending documents (NC’s, CAPA’s, PD’s, CC’s, Reference documents and FORMs)
- Conduct Tweed Farms training events on document updates
- Provide weekly reports to Operations team on document training compliance (GAP)
- Data collection on Non-conformities (NCs)/Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) for Quarterly Finance Report
- Support Regulatory Audits by pulling documentation upon request
- Support Quality Initiatives with the roll out of new Programs where it involves Operations
- Complete NC/CAPA reports regularly
- Controlled document revisions and approvals
- Follow up with Quality and Operations departments to ensure document approvals are moving through the system
- Process documentation accurately
- Production data entry in electronic Batch records
- Report daily activities of the above to the GM or designate
- Report monthly GMP Scorecard metrics
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment
- Must be able to work a variable of different shifts and potentially weekends if required
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a production facility with GMP/GDP standards
- Familiar with ISO-9001 regulated environment and practice
- Exposure and familiarity with basics of current Quality System Regulation (CSR) Documentation and records management experience required.
- Experience in direct communication with regulatory agencies
- Experience in writing SOPs, Investigations, NCs/CAPAs and Change Management Functions
- Prior experience as a project leader with strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; technical writing capabilities are a must.
- Strong computer skills (specially Ms. Excel & Word)
- Problem solving skills; willingness and flexibility to foresee and overcome obstacles.
- Self-starter with a passion for detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in record keeping
- Experience working in an environment regulated by Health Canada also considered an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
This is approximately a 12-month contract position based out of Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.