Robert McVay and I recently chaired a webinar about marijuana and insurance issues and we have already been roped into doing another one. So we know well how cannabis and insurance are a legally charged combination and we expect to see an increase of cannabis insurance cases very soon. A federal court in Colorado just came down with an important cannabis insurance ruling in the case of Green Earth Wellness Center, LLC v. Atain Speciality Insurance Company. The case involves a cannabis company that sued its insurance company for failing to pay on claims and for bad faith. It’s important to note that I’m not talking about a cannabis company seeking coverage on a general liability insurance policy for something like a slip and fall or for damage to grow lights. To the contrary, this case is a big deal because the Colorado Federal District Court chief judge, Marcia S. Krueger, ruled on a summary judgment motion that the actual inventory itself (i.e. the cannabis) is insurable under a general liability insurance policy.
May 3, 2017
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, et al. v. Naturalis Health, LLC
No. CV-18-356, 2018 Ark. 224 (Ark. 2018)In a challenge by losing applicants alleging that competitive selection process was unfair, Arkansas Supreme […]
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice individuals must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, a single caregiver cannot act as an unofficial […]
- People v. Bylsma (Byslma I)
493 Mich. 17, 825 N.W.2d 543 (Mich. 2012)A group of caregivers cannot act as a cooperative for the purposes of growing plants.Failure to obtain […]
- Charter Township of York v. Miller
No. 335344, 2018 WL 472187 (Mich. Ct. App. 2018)While Michigan Medical Marihuana Act authorizes the construction of an outdoor growing facility, […]
Langlois – Cannabis
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
- October 11 @ 8:00 am - November 13 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 17 - October 20
- October 22
- October 22 - November 23
- October 22 @ 8:00 am - October 23 @ 5:00 pm PDT
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Canada Legalizes, Colorado's Amendment X, FDA Says Marijuana...
- Illinois Opens Access To Medical Cannabis Program For Opioid Users...
- Can Canadians Involved in the Legalized Marijuana Industry Enter the...
- New York State Holds ‘Listening Sessions’ on Cannabis Legalization
- A look at CBD drug policy, Hemp farming in Michigan, Media confusion...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Empower Clinics and Inolife R&D Announce Letter of Intent for US...
- Weekend Unlimited Inc. Announces Details of Northern Lights Organics...
- MediPharm Labs Corp. Bolsters Leadership & Operational Expertise...
- Supreme Cannabis Completes $100 Million Bought Deal Convertible...
- The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd. Announces Closing of C$76...
Green Market Report
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money October 19, 2018
- iAnthus Acquires MPX Bioceutical In $835 Million Deal
- Stock Rollercoasters, Poduct Shortages Characterize Canada’s First Legal Cannabis Day
- Aurora Cannabis Approved For New York Stock Exchange
- The Daily Hit: October 17, 2018
- Canada Focuses On Cannabis Production, Skips Pricing Concerns
- Our Neighbor to The North
- The Dawning of a New Canada: Cannabis Prohibition Has Ended
- Acreage Holdings To Invite Former Canadian Prime Minister To Be Board Member
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2018
Cannabis Law Journal
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018
- WHO Issues Glowing Report of CBD But Gets the Law Wrong- A Legal Analysis
- New Jersey Cannabis Update: Federalism, Fiscal In-Fighting, and the FDA
- PA/NJ Cannabis: Protected Cannabis Testing
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Tides of Perception
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS CANNABIS
- IP Protection Spotlight: Canopy Growth
- California Cannabis Applicants and Licensees Should Be Entitled to Representation
- California: IRC Sec. 280E and Transportation
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?