Full Press Release
Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary launched the Best Cannabis Companies To Work For—2020. This survey and awards program will identify and recognize the best employers in cannabis cultivation and dispensary markets.
To register for free, visit bestcompaniescannabis.com. The registration deadline is Sept. 6.
A ranking of the “Best Cannabis Companies To Work For – 2020” in cultivation and retail will be revealed in upcoming issues of Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary.
The survey is organized and managed by the Best Companies Group (BCG), an independent research firm specializing in identifying and recognizing great places to work.
“We’re excited to launch this campaign and recognize companies that are creating great places to work,” Editorial Director Noelle Skodzinski said. “As the marketplace continues to develop in the U.S. and in Canada, competition for employees continues to increase significantly. We look forward to helping great companies attract top talent and showcasing the greatest places for driven professionals to work.”
Here’s what you need to know to get involved:
Enter as either a Cultivation Operation or a Dispensary Operation
• Have 50% or more of the business coming from either – Cannabis Cultivation Operation; or – Cannabis Dispensary.
• Be a publicly or privately held business
• Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business
• Be based in the U.S. or Canada
• Be legally licensed to cultivate or sell cannabis for medical and/or adult-use under a state regulatory framework (or federal program if in Canada)
• Have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in the U.S. or Canada
• Be in business a minimum of one year
• Be willing to be featured in Cannabis Business Times and/or Cannabis Dispensary magazine, if your company ranks on the Best Cannabis Companies to Work For lists.
The process includes two surveys to gather detailed data about each participating company. BCG conducts the surveys, analyzes the data and determines the winners and rankings.
Part I – Employer Benefits & Policies Questionnaire: The employer completes an online survey, detailing company policies, practices, benefits and demographics.
Part II – Employee Engagement & Satisfaction Survey: Employees complete a survey of in-depth statements using a scale of five points ranging from “Agree Strongly” to “Disagree Strongly.” (Employee responses are provided only in aggregate; no individual employee responses are shared with employers.) The survey also includes seven demographic and two open-ended questions. It can be given online or by paper, if a full company employee email list is not available.
Participation in the “Best Cannabis Companies To Work For” survey and ranking is free, but management teams may request the full employee feedback report generated by the Best Companies Group process. The cost of that report is based on the number of employees working at the company.
A list of frequently asked questions may be found at bestcompaniescannabis.com, as well.