Canopy Growth Corporation has announced the publicaton of its Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report (“the Report”) for calendar year 2020, as well as qualitative details on some key activities that occurred in 2021.
The PR Says
The Report recognizes Canopy’s current progress and describes its priorities and approach to ESG as part of its long-term path towards responsible and sustainable growth.
“As the cannabis industry becomes more established, we recognize the role we must play to ensure that progress is achieved responsibly and sustainably,” said David Klein, CEO Canopy Growth. “We are committed to realizing our vision of unleashing the power of cannabis to improve lives and our inaugural ESG report is the next step in our leadership journey, creating accountability for ourselves, and the cannabis industry.”
- Conducted our first-ever baseline assessment of our Scope 1 and Scope 2 energy use and GHG emissions
- Invested over $1 million in supporting record-clearing, wrap-around and ancillary services for people impacted by the war on drugs
- Registered 23,000 patients for our Compassionate Pricing Program through Spectrum Therapeutics
- Hired our first Vice President of Diversity Equity & Inclusion in 2021 and established Employee Resource Groups representing Indigenous, Black and LGBTQ2S+ employees and employees living with disabilities
- Achieved near gender parity of women in our global workforce
- Trained 93% of Canopy Growth employees on our pharmacovigilance program
- Recorded 0 safety-related product recalls globally
Disclosures within the Report are made using relevant reporting standards and frameworks including the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Products, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages Sustainability Accounting Standards and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.