When preparing to sell your business, it’s important to be realistic and understand how valuations are determined.Read More
Category: Green Entrepreneur
A proposed Michigan law would expunge criminal records for misdemeanor marijuana charges.Read More
Accidental franchises are a trap for the unwary — and the trap is sure to attract cannabis entrepreneurs looking for a quick footing in the burgeoning cannabis industry.Read More
A cascade of mergers, acquisitions and attempted hostile takeovers have roiled the cannabis industry over the past year. CNBC commentator Tim Seymour, who’s day job is founder/CIO of Seymour Asset Management, discussed the future of M&A in the cannabis industry and the valuations of publicly traded cannabis stocks at the 2019 Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference in Toronto, Canada,Read More
In yet another crazy manifestation of the cannabis stigma, any waste containing THC needs special handling that drives up costs.Read More
Illinois lawmakers managed to pass a bill because they dealt upfront with tough social justice issues.Read More
Cannabis is barred from advertising platforms open to beer, booze and prescription drugs with long lists of scary side effects.Read More
Arcview Market Research and BDS Analytics have published the seventh edition of their “State of Legal Cannabis Markets” report. In regulated markets, U.S. cannabis sales surged by 20 percent in 2018 and are on track to jump by another 36 percent this year, the report said.Read More
When Merida Capital Partners Managing Partner, Mitch Baruchowitz, recruited Daisy Mellet to join the team, Merida Capital had team members and Assets Under Management (AUM) of $7 Million. Within 14 months of Mellet’s hiring, Baruchowitz, Mellet, and the Merida team grew the firm to more than $125 million AUM, quadrupled its number of employees.Read More
Whether legalizing on a state-by-state basis or federally, there is a lot that U.S legislators can learn from weed in Canada. There is a lot that Canadian legislators have done right for the entrepreneurs and consumer. However, a few details are impeding industry growth — as well as slowing the consumer transition away from the black market.Read More
A sloppily written Italian law that made low-THC cannabis available to consumers has cost both Big Pharma and Mafia lost sales.Read More
With Corona brewer and Robert Mondavi wine producer Constellation Brands Inc. investing $3.88 billion in grower Canopy Growth Corp, the Wall Street Journal valuing 2018’s US legal marijuana sales at $10.2 billion, and marijuana stocks trading on Canadian exchanges, cannabis is officially big business and in dire need of risk management.Read More
To the untrained eye, hemp and marijuana can look similar, but there are some key differences.Read More
We Need to Clear the Smoke About Cannabis in the Workplace Legal weed is a real thing, so why aren’t you talking about it with your team?
By now, legalized cannabis is old news. Ten states allow recreational usage, 33 have medical marijuana and cannabis was legalized across all of Canada a few months ago. But in spite of all that, there’s still one very big taboo topic in all these jurisdictions: pot at work.Read More
A new law allows dispensaries to maintain a separate area where people can smoke what they buy.Read More
The bill would end the War on Drugs and allot funds to repair the damage it caused low-income communities.Read More
Following the rules requires navigating a complex and ever-changing labyrinth of cannabis regulations, a daunting task even for the most seasoned compliance officers. If something slips through the cracks, telling regulators that you forgot won’t be enough to protect you from steep fines or maybe even jail time.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Half-Baked: Edibles, Beverages and New Cannabis Products to Be Legalized and Regulated in 2019
- Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- Cannabis: Legal Age and Public Places – the Consultations Are Over
- New Cannabis Products: Changes Are Coming to the Federal Legal Framework in 2019
Cannabis Operating Plan Templates
- 5 Best Practices for Retail Staffing in Cannabis
Finding the right employees to elevate your business can be a challenge.
- Here's How to Reduce the Cost of Cannabis for Consumers
Consumers could be saving money while cultivators extract higher profits.
- New Study: Adult-Use Cannabis Availability Reduces Opioid Deaths
A study found that opioid deaths were reduced by more than 20% in areas with legal cannabis.
- How to Become a Cannabis Entrepreneur in Europe
Looking for a new business opportunities in the space? Consider opening up shop across the pond.
- Barneys Department Store Is Betting on the Luxury World of Weed
Inside Barneys' posh cannabis store, The High End.
NACB Latest News
- NACB Passes Leading Lab Testing & Product Integrity Standard
New York - The NACB is proud to announce the adoption of its National Standards on Laboratory Testing and Product Integrity. These standards are designed to protect consumers and demonstrate to […]
- Indicas and Sativas...Oh My! What's the Difference?
Chances are good that when you venture into a cannabis dispensary and talk to a patient care specialist, you will be eventually be posed with the classic question: “Are you looking for an […]
- Cannabis Employment Symposium Hosted in LA
On March 28, 2019 the NACB and Vangst are teaming up to hold an all-day exclusive Symposium on Cannabis Employment - the event is taking place at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. This […]
- Cannabis: What’s Trust Got To Do With It?
At the NACB, we like to say we’re the most trusted credential in cannabis. We’ve made trust our currency because in today’s world of unlimited products, services and experiences, […]
- We Love Our Members, We Also Love Discounts
We are thrilled to announce that the NACB has partnered with botaniCo to provide NACB members with FREE access to their business discount program.&nbs
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Hansen v. U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
911 F.3d 1362 (Fed. Cir. 2018)Employee was properly dismissed from his position after a positive drug test because the Department of Homeland […]
- Horn v. Medical Marijuana, Inc.
15-701 (W.D.N.Y. 2019)CBD byproduct from the extraction process is essentially a resin extracted from cannabis, which in 2012 fell within the […]
- Sena v. New Mexico Dept. of Health
No. D-101-CV-2016-01971 (N.M. Dist. 2018)The purpose of the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act is to assure medical cannabis patients in New Mexico […]
- Eplee v. City of Lansing
2019 Mich. App. LEXIS 1320 (Mich. Ct. App. 2019)A company is not required to change its drug policy to allow a medical marijuana patient to […]
- Llamas v. Titus
No. 2018-0516 (Del. Ch. 2019)Following the death of his co-member, the remaining member and manager of a cannabis company, amended an operating […]
- September 4 @ 8:00 am - September 6 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 - October 3
- October 1 @ 8:00 am - October 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 @ 2:00 pm - October 3 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
The Marijuana Times Says Illegal Cannabis Oil Sales Are Linked To National Outbreak of Lung Damage https://t.co/4Tu1Ml4umgLoad More...
The Marijuana Times Says Illegal Cannabis Oil Sales Are Linked To National Outbreak of Lung Damage https://t.co/4Tu1Ml4umg
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- MedMen Launches Delivery Services Across California
- Auxly Enters Into a 300 Acre Hemp Cultivation and Purchase Agreement...
- PharmaCielo’s Very First Commercial CBD Export from Colombia Lands...
- Curaleaf Completes Acquisition of Glendale Greenhouse
- Halo Announces Partnership with ilo to Sell CBD Products Utilizing...
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: August 19, 2019
- Executive Spotlight: Socrates Rosenfeld, Co-Founder & CEO of Jane Technologies
- CannTrust Says Cease Trade Order Approved
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money August 16, 2019
- The Daily Hit: August 15, 2019
- Trulieve Posts Strong Numbers in Second Quarter Financial Results
- Executive Spotlight: Leslie Ann Andrachuk Co-founder & CEO of Alpha Woman
- Harvest Health Posts Q2 Financial Results, Revenue Jumps 39%
- Money Moves From Aurora Cannabis, Green Growth Brands
- Canopy Growth Stock Falls On Earnings News
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands