When preparing to sell your business, it’s important to be realistic and understand how valuations are determined.Read More
Category: Green Entrepreneur
A proposed Michigan law would expunge criminal records for misdemeanor marijuana charges.Read More
Accidental franchises are a trap for the unwary — and the trap is sure to attract cannabis entrepreneurs looking for a quick footing in the burgeoning cannabis industry.Read More
A cascade of mergers, acquisitions and attempted hostile takeovers have roiled the cannabis industry over the past year. CNBC commentator Tim Seymour, who’s day job is founder/CIO of Seymour Asset Management, discussed the future of M&A in the cannabis industry and the valuations of publicly traded cannabis stocks at the 2019 Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference in Toronto, Canada,Read More
In yet another crazy manifestation of the cannabis stigma, any waste containing THC needs special handling that drives up costs.Read More
Illinois lawmakers managed to pass a bill because they dealt upfront with tough social justice issues.Read More
Cannabis is barred from advertising platforms open to beer, booze and prescription drugs with long lists of scary side effects.Read More
Arcview Market Research and BDS Analytics have published the seventh edition of their “State of Legal Cannabis Markets” report. In regulated markets, U.S. cannabis sales surged by 20 percent in 2018 and are on track to jump by another 36 percent this year, the report said.Read More
When Merida Capital Partners Managing Partner, Mitch Baruchowitz, recruited Daisy Mellet to join the team, Merida Capital had team members and Assets Under Management (AUM) of $7 Million. Within 14 months of Mellet’s hiring, Baruchowitz, Mellet, and the Merida team grew the firm to more than $125 million AUM, quadrupled its number of employees.Read More
Whether legalizing on a state-by-state basis or federally, there is a lot that U.S legislators can learn from weed in Canada. There is a lot that Canadian legislators have done right for the entrepreneurs and consumer. However, a few details are impeding industry growth — as well as slowing the consumer transition away from the black market.Read More
A sloppily written Italian law that made low-THC cannabis available to consumers has cost both Big Pharma and Mafia lost sales.Read More
With Corona brewer and Robert Mondavi wine producer Constellation Brands Inc. investing $3.88 billion in grower Canopy Growth Corp, the Wall Street Journal valuing 2018’s US legal marijuana sales at $10.2 billion, and marijuana stocks trading on Canadian exchanges, cannabis is officially big business and in dire need of risk management.Read More
To the untrained eye, hemp and marijuana can look similar, but there are some key differences.Read More
We Need to Clear the Smoke About Cannabis in the Workplace Legal weed is a real thing, so why aren’t you talking about it with your team?
By now, legalized cannabis is old news. Ten states allow recreational usage, 33 have medical marijuana and cannabis was legalized across all of Canada a few months ago. But in spite of all that, there’s still one very big taboo topic in all these jurisdictions: pot at work.Read More
A new law allows dispensaries to maintain a separate area where people can smoke what they buy.Read More
The bill would end the War on Drugs and allot funds to repair the damage it caused low-income communities.Read More
Following the rules requires navigating a complex and ever-changing labyrinth of cannabis regulations, a daunting task even for the most seasoned compliance officers. If something slips through the cracks, telling regulators that you forgot won’t be enough to protect you from steep fines or maybe even jail time.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Senate Will Decide Marijuana Banking Bill
Could this marijuana banking bill finally allow businesses access to cannabis financial services? Here's what happens next in the marijuana banking debate. The post Senate Will Decide Marijuana […]
- Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, Social Alternative for Cannabis Users
Mood33 offers cannabis users healthy cannabis-infused beverages with no "fillers" or synthetic ingredients. Discover Mood33 cannabis tonics now! The post Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, […]
- Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company Offers Healthy CBD Products That Promote Wellness
Founded by a cancer survivor, Sugar and Kush offer CBD products ready to eat, cook with & more. Discover how Sugar & Kush CBD Oil can help you! The post Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company […]
- CannaBus Culture Film Festival Headed For Miami, Seattle and Portland
The CannaBus Culture Film Festival hopes to enlighten and educate people about what the cannabis community can be or what it actually is. Learn more now! The post CannaBus Culture Film Festival […]
- Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana For Medical Reasons Than For Recreation
Using marijuana for medical reasons is more than double that of recreational users according to a new study. Here's the research & why it matters! The post Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana […]
- Black Market Weed Is Still Popular In Some States, But It's Also Very Dangerous
If you want to stay safe when using cannabis, then stay out of the black market.
- Roz McCarthy Shares What Inspired Her To Seek Diversity In The Cannabis Industry
One of the most influential people in the cannabis market shares how her nonprofit is diversifying leadership within the industry.
- Why The Cannabis Industry Is Urging For A Regulated Market
To help keep illicit products off the market, the industry is pleading for federal regulation for better control and testing.
- Efforts Intensify To Battle Corruption Involving Local Government Officials And Cannabis Industry
States are taking action against government officials involved in bribery and extortion.
- Should I Give Marijuana Products To My Dog?
Whether it's for anxiety, health reasons or something else, some people are giving pets CBD, but is it safe?
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Schmitt et al. v. LaRose
No. 19-3196 (6th Cir. 2019)A decision by an Ohio county board of elections to reject ballot initiatives regarding certain marijuana decriminalization […]
- Chance v. Kraft Heinz Food Company
CA No. K18C-01-056 (Del. Super. Ct. 2018)Delaware’s Medical Marijuana Act (DMMA) does not require employers to participate in an activity made […]
- State v. Jones (Jones II)
No. CR-18-0370-PR (Ariz. 2019)Under Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), the definition of ‘marijuana’ includes resin, and by […]
- Whitmire v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
359 F. Supp. 3d 761 (D. Ariz 2019)The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) creates a private cause of action for employees who are medical marijuana […]
- Sias et al. v. Vigil
D-101-CV-2019-61967 (N.M. Dist. 2019)New Mexico’s medical cannabis program cannot deny registry identification cards to non-residents, since […]
- October 21
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypkLoad More...
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Neptune Signs an Extraction Agreement in the U.S. and Expands U.S....
- Cresco Labs Receives Adult-Use Approval for All Five Existing...
- SOL Global Shareholders Approve Name Change to “Bluma Wellness”...
- THC BioMed Submits Application to Add Sales of Edibles, Topicals and...
- HempFusion Launches Innovative Full Spectrum CBD Twist Products
Green Market Report
- Dionymed Implodes As CEO, COO Resign, Creditor Demands $24 Million
- Shryne Group Is All In For Stiiizy
- Capital Raises: Holistic Industries, CBD Unlimited
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2019
- Valens GroWorks Reports Solid Earnings In Third Quarter
- The Daily Hit: October 15, 2019
- Canopy Growth Sells AusCann, Closes Beckley Acquisition
- Flowhub Snags $23 Million, Including An Investment From Kraft Heinz
- Aphria Stock Pops On Solid First Quarter Earnings
- Fan Owned Legion M Brings Back Jay And Silent Bob
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands